Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Traveling Nurses

My DW is considering opportunities to work as a traveling nurse. We have heard both good and horror stories regarding the opportunity. We would like to hear of anyone who has served as a traveling nurse and any recommendation on specific agencies.

msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 AM   #2
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Mary and I contacted Cross Country at 800-416-7516 ask for Lucy Copeland. She was very helpful for us and gave us all the information we needed. The down side for Mary is she has not been practicing in hospitals for a number of years and a requirement for this agency is up to date hospital experience. Good luck. We met a number of traveling nurses and they all seemed to be enjoying this type of work. Jon and Mary
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
I have been travel nursing in my montana w/DH since my "retirement" from hospital nursing. I'm currently in CA at Longbeach Mem Hosp. I'm a NICU nurse and there is a big call for them, I have worked AZ, NM, and have had friends who have worked other states. My original liscense is from TX and I try to work compact states where I do not have to obtain another liscens, there is now 22 of them. I would suggest contacting a travel company like Cross Country, I started w/them and will probably use them again, since I'm in CA I'm using a CA based Company that the hospital is familar with and it pays more money than Cross Country. Most nurses that have been traveling a lot use more than one company. I have only had one bad experience, most hospitals are glad you are there to help, they can dump on you also but you just have to speak up and know your nurse practice act. I'm enjoying it and have extended at most hospital that I have worked at. I've been here since August and have just extended for another 13 weeks. If you have any more specific questions you can "pm" me. If you go to cross country Janet & Emily are great, tell them Pat sent you.
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote