Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2004, 01:23 AM   #1
alanzuck
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #871
Fantastic Fan

Could someone give me instructions on how to use the Fantastic Fan? My model has the wall switch with 2 controls. The top control switches from Off to Manal to Auto. The bottom controls Temperature and Speed, and goes from 60 (on the right) to 90 (on the left).

I get it to work in Manual Mode by putting the wall switch to Manual, standing on a chair, pulling out the knob on the fan, and turning the knob to open the vent and start the fan.

I cannot get the Auto to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

alanzuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:38 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dalia and Alan,
Your model sounds like the one I have. If you want auto mode then turn control knob to that position and then simply set the temp you want by rotating the temp control knob. If you want manual then turn to that setting. Then rotate the temp control knob counter-clockwise. As you do so the fan should start running slower and slower until it reaches a spot where it will actually stop.

You should NOT have to do anything up at the fan itself. When you turn the control knob to manual or auto the lid should start to rise. Then it's just a matter of whichever function you have it set to. It does take a few seconds for the lid to go up and the fan to start so give it just a few seconds. Mine has worked great. It even has a rain sensor on it and will close automatically when moisture is sensed.

Also... I've heard nothing but GREAT reports from folks who have had problems with their units who have contacted the manufacturer. Apparently their customer service is second to none. So if something is not working I highly recommend you call them.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:06 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Our unit has the wall switch also. But, you have to put the knob on the fan to auto before it will open and close from the switch. We have had to get our knob at the fan replaced because it wouldn't stay on auto. Apparently they are having some problems with the knob not staying on auto because a phone call to Fantastic was all it took for them to send me a new one.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
My first problem was the fuse was not any good and a lot of people have been having trouble with the cover sticking. A trip up on the roof and having someone turn it on manual and a little tug on the cover will unstick it. I use Vaseline on the rubber seal to keep it from sticking again.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:46 AM   #5
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
I can agree with the support being great. My 3400 is just a few weeks off the lot and I've had a lot of problems with the domes not opening smoothly on my 2 Fantastic Fans. I emailed the Fantastic support folks about it to ask if they could tell me where to get the 303 luricant they recommend to keep the seal from sticking. Instead, they sent me back a message saying they were sending me some in the mail. This was just a couple of days ago, so the rave reviews on their support are apparently true. I can't remember if their web site has operating instructions posted or not. It's worth a check.
Gordon
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote