Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #21
hemiallen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28242
I see they have words in the ban making options available before making sales of gas units illegal to sell new, but California had a similar bill about lead-free bullets for all game hunting, and it stated if supply is lacking they would sell ammunition to hunters that purchased licenses, through a system to guarantee hunters would be able to hunt and meet the new law. It said something to the effect " this law won't make some hunters unable to hunt as we will guarantee they can buy ammo and still hunt". Similar wording to the "not banning gas powered equipment if there is no green solution available to people".

Guess what, the "system" the bill had in writing couldn't be implemented, demand for all ammo everywhere was making even lead ammo hard to get, but the lead ban still happened. I called the listed phone number to get on the list to purchase ammunition from the listed resource, and the agent said #1 there is no ammo for them to distribute, and #2 there wasn't any budget allocated to work out the program mandated in the bill!

I really don't believe the IF - THEN part of any legislation passed in California.

Sorry for the sidebar, but I am not betting on the law being followed, if it passes. And yep, a trip to Nevada or Oregon is a solution.

Old 12-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #22
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
Fo some reason school house rock comes to mind... specifically the version teaching kids the difference between a bill and a law.

Grew up as a kid watching School House Rock..
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:26 PM   #23
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
I see they have words in the ban making options available before making sales of gas units illegal to sell new, but California had a similar bill about lead-free ....

I really don't believe the IF - THEN part of any legislation passed in California.

Sorry for the sidebar, but I am not betting on the law being followed, if it passes. And yep, a trip to Nevada or Oregon is a solution.

I think this is because Ca seems to be following the federal gov. too. Pass a law but don't bother funding anything. 20 years or so ago they passed the No child left behind thing (I think). Demanded a lot of special ed stuff with no questions asked, but never funded any of it. Local and state boards had to cut other things in order to pay for it.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #24
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
Ron ( Rames14) might be using me as the person having a problem finding a CALIFORNIA LEGAL honda EU2200I generator, and for those dismissing his statement, you might be right, but find me a EU2200I california legal generator, please. Unless my google fu is bad, they aren't available, and verified by all the Honda sales companies within 100 miles of me plus online searches. One nearby dealer had told me Honda is pulling out of the California market due to CARB laws. And I asked to email me when one is in stock, doubt he'd make that up vs making a sale when they might show up.

I was told directly by Honda, about a week after calling the local Honda dealers, that they got 200 california units in the USA. I found one at Camping world and ordered it, the next day Sportsmans Warehouse had them, I put it in my cart and the next day they AND camping world sold out!

3 days ago I went to my local ( stockton) Honda-Yamaha motors dealer ( on the way home from getting propane), and asked where their generators were as they were not on the floor. Guy said he has a few California generators in the back on a pallet and Honda contacted them and said to not sell them. They said they would send a truck to come get them soon. He inquired why as he had a list of folks on a wait list, they told him ( or actually he told me) that Honda messed up and got caught, labeling non -ca smog ok units and selling them as CARB COMPLIANT, while they were not . I located Plenty of 49 state models online, Nobody would ship to California, some even online carts refused to complete the order due to my location!

Not sure if the dealer was correct, but it doesn't surprise me. I've been on an "email when available" for a honda water pump for 3 months, based on the first reports of the above law their interpretation was generators and pumps will be restricted, and I am going to order a pump and fire it up ( to make sure it doesn't have COVID ASSEMBLY and probably store it, or resell it after the law changes, lol.

No argument, just facts.

We just bought a Honda 2200, my co-worker also just purchased one. 🤷🏼*♂️ We also purchased ours because of the power outages. I see them at Lowes and HD? Don't know what to tell you!
Hit The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #25
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I don’t understand why Honda doesn’t have California ready generators. Harbor Freight seams to have plenty CARB generators in stock in California. Could it be Honda just made a mistake and send 49 state generators instead of the CARB units?
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:57 PM   #26
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
You're close to Reno. Hop in the car and drive over to Reno and pick one up. You don't have to show proof of residency to buy in Nevada.
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:17 PM   #27
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
As ashamed as I am to admit it but I'm a Californian and I'm about ready to lose my It's bad enough we're the highest priced gas in the nation. They want our gas power tools gone and no the dealerships wont install a generator in your rig! I'm picking up my Montana tomorrow from Holly Generator. They didn't have a problem installing it. Hell it's their reason for being! Their going to come for my Harley next? Your government wants to go green (electric). What better way then to price gas out of the market and ban gas equipment. I swear I'll sell and relocate...Sorry for the rant but it cost me $150 bucks to fill my truck at Costco.... Oh ya and what about my whole house Generac back up generator?
Old 03-11-2022, 10:57 AM   #28
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
With all the wild fires, winds, and companies likes So CA Edison being sued for starting them, we Californians will see companies shutting grids down in order to avoid fires and potential lawsuits. With the last winds we had a couple months ago, Edison shut our power down for close to 3 days, and we live several miles from the mountains. That was the last time I would deal with zero power, and that is when I ordered a Westingtonhouse 4500 duel fuel inverter generator. A solar powered battery is not going to cut it.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 10:35 AM   #29
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
Not overrule but any state can make regulations tougher than Fed code. They just cannot make them weaker than Fed code.
B&W 20k companion hitch
Hit The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:13 PM   #30
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
...I'm a Californian ...I swear I'll sell and relocate...
Foldbak, we lived in an Indiana upper scale city for 16 years, right on "Main Street". We had 3 different travel trailers and a utility trailer parked beside the house or in front of the house, ... well within our property line.

After 16 years, we had a notice on the front door by zoning that we were in violation and had to move the camper off the property. We were outraged, in utter disbelief, and angry. We tried everything to find a way to keep the trailers there, but we ended up having to move them off the property. We actually stored them at my in-laws fa4rm in Northern Indiana.

Meanwhile, we made the decision we were NOT going to stay in that snobbish, stuck-up, neighborhood any longer. We threw the house up for sale and moved clear out of that county, to a county that still had farm land, we could park the camper on the property without any reservations, burn our own trash, have chickens, and pee in the front yard if we wanted to.

It was the BEST thing we could have done and it's now been 14 years and we absolutely have no regrets about making the move. (Oh, it had it's challenges and nothing to sneeze at either, especially selling the old house, but it finally happened)

Before California goes completely down the toilet and you may still get some value out of your property, why not put the wheels in motion right now and get out! You know, it's only going to get more insane in California. It may take some time to work out all the logistics of moving, especially if working in an office, but waiting till it gets tot he point where it's completely intolerable, start the process right now.... this very moment. It begins by saying .... "I'm doing this and it starts RIGHT now!"
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote