Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey! someone get me this guy's address!

I am going to dump all this cra# on his front lawn.
Messing up my mountain, IDIOT..
Cans, destroyed targets and about 5 boxes of shotgun shells. Probably had his son out there making like a big shot...
Some example of a responsible adult.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
As far as I’m concerned that should be considered littering. I don’t even like to see people throwing cigarette butts out the windows but they do it all the time and think nothing of it.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We found two sites when we were out there littered with brass. I picked a lot of it up and found everything from 22's to rifle rounds to shotgun shells and finally Russian ammo. I would find it hard to enjoy the desert while I was destroying it. I won't even get into the butts. Had a lifetime of that on the parking lots and in the flower beds of my restaurants.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Thank you for policing the shells, Ozz.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
They deserve the ID 10 T award. When you spell it out you get Idiot Award.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
What?! That stuff isn't biodegradable?

When I'm out and about, I leave the place cleaner than when I got there. I am continually saddened that this is so easy to do. I don't even leave biodegradable stuff behind, because most times it's not the right stuff and it takes decades for it to biodegrade. I don't even leave orange or banana peels behind even in the forest. If you brought it with you, you should probably be able to take it back out.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
Carl32092
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11321
We used to camp in the desert out side of San Diego with a group. We all had a policy of taking out MORE than we brought in. Never failed to do so, there was all ways some thing some idiot left behind..
Carl32092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ozz,
It is one of those "I don't give a rats" that did that. Most likely his house looks like that also. I wonder if the park people could get a DNA off the butts and find out who it was, or fingerprints off the casings?

You reminded me of my former boss. He was walking down the stairs from his second floor condo when a person in a car pulled into a space across the way. They opened their door and dumped their ashtray on the ground. He was disgusted, went back up and got his dustpan and broom and, like you, cleaned up the pile of mess. One exception, when he stood up he noticed the drivers window was down. Yup! You guessed it. He dumped the contents of the dustpan onto the drivers seat. (true story)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yes, a person's mind thinks of things like that.
We have all met, or seen people we feel like showering after meeting, can't change that, or the way they behave.
This was 5 miles into BLM land, no supervision of the lands unfortunately.
I drove into another area where shooters frequent that day, I saw from a distance a couple there, when I got close, I saw white trash bags, they were shooting, then 'policed' the area up, their trash and trash around the site. I had cleaned it up (Sue and I) about a month ago, plywood, 2x4's and shells, beer cans and broken glass.
These folks are retired and staying here at the RV Park, nice peeps. We talked for a while, then I headed into the desert.
I like the guy's style in your story, but when firearms are concerned, a guy has to be a little careful, I don't care if they throw a cigarette at me, but...
Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #10
jetenbu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11565
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Ozz,
It is one of those "I don't give a rats" that did that. Most likely his house looks like that also. I wonder if the park people could get a DNA off the butts and find out who it was, or fingerprints off the casings?

You reminded me of my former boss. He was walking down the stairs from his second floor condo when a person in a car pulled into a space across the way. They opened their door and dumped their ashtray on the ground. He was disgusted, went back up and got his dustpan and broom and, like you, cleaned up the pile of mess. One exception, when he stood up he noticed the drivers window was down. Yup! You guessed it. He dumped the contents of the dustpan onto the drivers seat. (true story)
FANTASTIC STORY. I am a smoker but I NEVER EVER dump my ashtray on the ground. I always take it into the house and dump it into the trash can. Then when the trash goes out, so do the ashes and butts. I would have done the same thing! LOL.... Contratulations to your friend!!!!!
jetenbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Glad to see you are practicing the Geocaching "Cache In Trash Out". If more people were like you, it would be easy to keep our country looking beautiful.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

Thank you for policing the shells, Ozz.
x2.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #13
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
Yes Art, I know what your'e talking about! When our boys were growing up and we were graduating up the comfort levels in camping; from tents to pop-ups, to TTs and fifth wheels; one of dad's most impassioned lessons was "leave it like you found it". Their wives give me grief now, because they have been so indoctrinated , that they keep litter bags hanging in the pretty new cars. For us, shooting has always been, guns in the safe, taken out to go to the range and no shooting on public lands-ever!

I still cry with this guy when i witness some of the disrespect that folks have for our planet. The actor was Chief Iron Eyes Cody.http://media.aef.com/aef/video/adcou...n_canoe_60.mp4
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
I found 3 of those target ranges like that between Wickenburg and Sun City.
I made several trips to them over the winter and picked up thousand of brass casings and traded them in for live ammo. I had a couple of large rare earth magnets and attached then to the bottom of my hoe and bagged up thousands more steel casings and shotshells. I left them bagged at the sites and someone would pick them up probably for salvage money. but the rest of the area with cans, bottles, boxes,etc was a challange. didn't get them clean but did make a couple large piles, but the next couple of weeks it was a mess all over, they shot up bowling balls, fire extinguishers, old fiberglass boats, car bodies. One site I notice a black pickup setting nose into the bushes and thought someone was nearby so left the area, on the way back it was still there so went to investigate and found a 2009 chevy silverado flexfuel pickup setting on the ground, no tires or rims. Called 911 ro report it and found out it had been stolen 3 days earlier from Youngstown AZ. Didn't have my 45 with me that day and the deputy said I was crazy for being out there without a gun. Got a picture of the truck by forgot how to post a picture
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You are a good man for policing the area. (Take the gun next time..)
I would call Sheriff Joe, see if he can send a work detail to clean up the area, he might just do it.