Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2022, 09:30 PM   #21
La59morris
Established Member

M.O.C. #30400
We have the Samsung French door bottom freezer And are having trouble with the ice maker. It will work fine through a couple of cycles but then we cannot get it to shut off the water after filling the ice trays. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 02:26 PM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by La59morris View Post
We have the Samsung French door bottom freezer And are having trouble with the ice maker. It will work fine through a couple of cycles but then we cannot get it to shut off the water after filling the ice trays. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
We have a Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker is a constant problem. A friend has one with two ice maker it’s a constant problem. Most repair shops wont even work on them. They are rated as one of the worst refrigerators made. Google trouble with Samsung refrigerator. Sorry I can’t be some help but a lot of people like us just get rid of them. There is a class action against Samsung you might look into it.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #23
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
Just push the button it will recycle
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:27 PM   #24
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
I know the thread is old, but I have same fridge and similar problem.

We bought ours last fall and just setting up for first real camp trip in it. I have full hookup in my shop here so I have everything turned on but the ice maker is not working.

I found shut off valve under sink and turned that on. I don't have a second valve on mine - but I did go under the slide and disconnect the line and water comes out so I know there's water to the fridge.

I have tried resetting power, and tried the reset button but no matter how long I press it or how many times nothing happens at all.

I'm thinking if I have to pay $100 for a new ice maker I may just get the counter top maker and be done with it since they seem to be pretty junky.
Jamier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:23 PM   #25
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Are you sure you don't have a second valve?
There's usually one at the rear of the cabinet next to the fridge. Water coming from the line under the slide is BEFORE that valve so the second valve is still likely turned off. Check behind the fake cabinet back next to fridge. That is where the line under the slide feeds and converts to the small tubing to feeds the ice maker.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 07:13 PM   #26
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
Are you sure you don't have a second valve?
There's usually one at the rear of the cabinet next to the fridge. Water coming from the line under the slide is BEFORE that valve so the second valve is still likely turned off. Check behind the fake cabinet back next to fridge. That is where the line under the slide feeds and converts to the small tubing to feeds the ice maker.
I don’t think I have it. My fridge is on the slide with the table. No cabinets on that slide at all except the fridge surround. Is that what you’re talking about?

I sure hope it isn’t. I don’t want to have to move the fridge to get back there. But it would be worth it if that’s what gets the ice maker working.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:29 PM   #27
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
It really, really helps if you tell us the Year and Model of your Montana. That way someone with the same model will be able to tell you exactly the location of the second valve (and there is a second valve).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 08:34 PM   #28
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
What Carl said...
My fridge is in the slide next to the stove and has cabinets, but I'll bet you have a second valve somewhere.
Old 03-28-2023, 06:02 AM   #29
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
2019 379rd
Old 03-28-2023, 06:19 AM   #30
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
That helps. Mine is a 2019 3791RD. My fridge is inside the off door side slide next to the stove and cabinetry. The second valve on my unit is under and behind the drawer to the right of the stove and the left of the fridge behind a false cabinet back. The back is a thin panel that is screwed to some firring strips on the sides of the cabinet.
The 3 digit model number usually indicates that the model is a High Country vs. a Montana legacy model. I have found 372 and 373 models in the High Country line, but not a 379? Are you certain of the model number?
Old 03-28-2023, 06:47 AM   #31
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
Quote:
That helps. Mine is a 2019 3791RD. My fridge is inside the off door side slide next to the stove and cabinetry. The second valve on my unit is under and behind the drawer to the right of the stove and the left of the fridge behind a false cabinet back. The back is a thin panel that is screwed to some firring strips on the sides of the cabinet.
The 3 digit model number usually indicates that the model is a High Country vs. a Montana legacy model. I have found 372 and 373 models in the High Country line, but not a 379? Are you certain of the model number?
Yeah I'm 100% certain. Found it looking for a 3791 and thought it was a typo. It is a HC and pretty similar to the 3791 but doesn't have the elevated den / storage that the 3791 has.

Other difference is the off door slide has nothing but the fridge and the table/chairs. No cabinets on that slide out.

Not sure if that picture link will work, but I can't picture a location to add a second shut off valve that makes any sense on my floorpan.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:48 AM   #32
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Is there a connection from the table to the slide out wall? On mine, the table connects to the wall and has a rought 5"-6" cubby that the table frame attaches to. It also has a pop up outlet. I suppose they could hide a valve in there if they were motivated to. I found a 2017 model but the dinette was free standing table and chairs. It did have a cabinet box around the fridge so maybe the valve is inside that box to one side or the other?
Old 03-28-2023, 07:50 AM   #33
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
Quote:
Is there a connection from the table to the slide out wall? On mine, the table connects to the wall and has a rought 5"-6" cubby that the table frame attaches to. It also has a pop up outlet. I suppose they could hide a valve in there if they were motivated to. I found a 2017 model but the dinette was free standing table and chairs. It did have a cabinet box around the fridge so maybe the valve is inside that box to one side or the other?
Table is connected to wall for sure. Just a flat anchor point the best I can remember but that isn't anywhere near where the water line goes.

It seems crazy that they'd put a shutoff valve where you have to unbolt the fridge to access it but I could see that being a possibility if they already go to this length just to have two valves controlling the same appliance.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:53 AM   #34
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Yeah, it seemed overkill to me at first as well, until I realized that in order to have a low point drain in that line for winterization, you need to be able to shut off the water inside at each end. In my case, it made it easy to add a 4 gallon bottled water pump and bottle to make ice from instead of the campground water which is sketchy in places.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:18 AM   #35
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
Quote:
Yeah, it seemed overkill to me at first as well, until I realized that in order to have a low point drain in that line for winterization, you need to be able to shut off the water inside at each end. In my case, it made it easy to add a 4 gallon bottled water pump and bottle to make ice from instead of the campground water which is sketchy in places.
That makes sense for sure. I will have to look around in there and see what I can figure out.

For now I think we'll just use our table top ice maker. Might be better tasting anyway.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:21 AM   #36
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Yeah, we only use CG water for bathing and washing dishes, flushing, etc. I carry bottled water for us and our dogs to drink. I sill do use a cheap inline filter on the incoming water supply, but that's mostly to catch the big stuff since we do shower and brush teeth with it. Bottled water is definitely better tasting for drinking and for ice.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:24 AM   #37
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Jamier2.
Just caught the renewal of this thread. It has been a couple of days since your last post so all may be remedied by now, but if not here's my thought. There has to be a place where the 1/2" pex tubing changes to the 1/4" tubing that feeds the ice maker. That is where you will find the second shutoff. Once I found ours I left it on. I don't winterize because we live in our rig in the winter and store it in the summer, but if I did need to drain that line I would just still leave that second valve open and shut if off under the sink and open the low point valve.
Hope by now you're getting lot's of ice.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 02:57 PM   #38
Jamier2

M.O.C. #31738
Yep. There was a 2nd shutoff. Right beside the fridge surround there is a little 8” x 12” plastic cover. I took the 2 screws out and there was the 2nd shutoff.

Turned it on and ice is being made now.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:12 PM   #39
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
Make sure the water is on I know you said it made Pink but that could be just inline that was there when you first did the antifreeze
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote