Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Pmedic

M.O.C. #21241
Angry Finding the right parts

So I blew a tire out several weeks ago. Heavy damage to the metal fender skirt. Have been online trying to find some replacement skirting so I can fix it myself ( No problem) The problem is finding the metal skirting. I contacted Trekwood via email and got a reply of what color did I need. There is supposed to be 2 different colors for a 2016. Sent a Pic to them. Here I am at 3 weeks with no response from them. Even made a phone call and left a message . Still nothing. Does anyone know where a person buy fender skirting.
2016 Monty 3791RD

Pmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I've only ever done business with Trekwood, or Keystone for that matter by phone and never left a message. In my experience the only thing that works in the RV world is talking to them in person. If it were me, I'd call Keystone with my VIN and see if I could get them to give me the color code. Then call Trekwood and order it. If I couldn't get the color from Keystone then I'd give my vin to Trekwood and let them get it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
Pmedic

M.O.C. #21241
Ill try that Thanks
Old 07-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #4
BillnJudy

M.O.C. #20978
Be careful doing it yourself because if the j metal arrives bent or scratched you still own it. I know from experience.
BillnJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #5
Pmedic

M.O.C. #21241
Whats sad is the only place I would be to take it to is CW. They are the only place within 125 miles and terrible service. Been there and done that and won't do that again.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
A local repair guy bent a piece of flashing material and painted it to match. He stated he never orders OEM. Shipping is way too high and it always gets bent in shipment. Solved my problem. Don't know where you are at but I'd check around.