Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832

Hopefully we are logged onn at this time. Had time trying to get entered.Looking for anyone who owns 3685FL. we just ordered our 2005 model 2 weeks ago. We currently own a Cougar 281FS our oldest son has out grown the bunks. We have it up for sale at this time, will use jack sofas for the kids beds. We own a 2001 F250, PSD, SRW, CC 4x4. Don't thinks we will have problem with the truck amper match. My only concern is the total length of the camper 37'3", we are used to 33' unit. I don't have a slide hitch and it's a short bed, but hopefully we want have problems if I pay attention. I hooked up to a 3400RL and drove it around for a while to make sure I felt good about such a long unit. He would let me back it though becasue of insurance reasons he said. but anyway we cannot wait for our unit to come it. Tghey said about 10 weeks.

Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Broome101 to the MOC we are so glad that you joined. This is a great forum with a lot of great members standing by to help you with any problem you may have. Congratulations on your new montana, I do not have the size that you ordered but there are a lot of members that do and they will be along soon to help you with any questions you may have. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Go ahead and ask for help in the general section of our forum if no one comes up in this section. Put your model in the title.

Welcome to the MOC. It is great to see you posting.

You can search on your model by using the search function on the upper right.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Rodney & Elaine,
Welcome to the MOC forum. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure with us. It is always nice to see new members posting. I know your family must be excited about your new Montana. May you enjoy many happy miles in your new wheel estate. Be sure to check out the Rally Information. Would love to see you in September!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Rodney & Elaine, Welcome aboard, you will enjoy your 3685FL. You also have good taste. Because we are in the process of purchasing the same model. Keep us posted on your adventures. Happy rving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:37 AM   #6
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard Rodney and Elaine! Wow, a brand new Monty ... isn't the anticipation exciting? Before you know it, Monty will be sitting in your drive waiting to be set up and go on the road. Many happy trails .....
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Rodney and Elaine...Welcome to the forum!

We pull a 3295RK with a short bed truck and don't have a slider hitch and we don't have any trouble as long as the Montana is stationary in the storage lot.

Otherwise..... we have to be extremely careful in all tight (forwards and backwards) turns.

It's common for me (I'm the wife) to pull the Montana over to the ocean a couple hours away from home. I like to secure a campsite and get the Montana all set up and have a couple of days either by myself or with our daughter (she's a teen), then the husband comes over on Friday night after work.

Well... to make a long story short for those who have heard my story before.... in a tight turn over at a campground, the truck and Montana came together just above the truck's rear window, denting the cab and blowing out the rear truck window.

The truck had a week of down time because of the body work/paint needed before a new window could be installed and the new window alone cost just over $500. I don't remember how much the body work cost.

Do we have a slider hitch yet? No...hubby thinks we don't need one.

But I tell ya....there's been times that the only thing stopping hubby from hitting our rear truck window is me yelling "stop" when he is in the middle of a tight turn. He forgets to keep an eye on the distance between the truck and the Montana because he is so engrossed in:
1. where the rear of the Montana is
2. where the front of the truck is
3. how many people are watching him make the turn and back up into a site

Get a slider hitch..... I think you'll be glad you did.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:55 AM   #8
Montana_1752
Established Member

M.O.C. #1752
We too are waiting for our 3685FL. Our 'walk-thru" is scheduled for July 27th. This forum has been very helpful in highlighting possible questions and concerns while we have the dealer captive. I've also enjoyed the suggestions for "personalized improvements". We have ZERO RVing experience and you probably ask, "why such a big unit for the first time out"? Although hubby has his CDL license and has pulled 53' trailers, I'm betting there is a BIG difference between a Peterbuilt and a ton pickup. However, we won't be moving our's long distances for several years. We're getting it initially for husbands work... he's a construction project manager... so it will stay in one place for several months at a time. By the time we get ready for over-the-road RVing (retirement) we will have gained so much information from these forum's that it should help greatly.
Montana_1752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Thanks for all the input.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #10
Montana_1838

M.O.C. #1838
Hello everyone! We're the Moore's, Tom & Saunie Moore from Pliny, WV. This is all new for us- we purchased a Big Sky Montana, 5th wheel,last July. We have a 3575RL which we love! We bought a 2000 Ford 350,power stroke desiel. We've only been able to use about 4 times thus far but look forward to many yrs. We are new at camping and pulling a 5th wheel but looking forward to the adventure. We were camping this weekend up around Columbus, Ohio and someone told about your web site. Anyway, just wanted to send short hello! Thanks
Montana_1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
A big welcome to the Moores!!
Sounds like you have some wonderful times coming at you in the future with your Montana. Don't adjust your dial.... stay here with this forum and you'll meet some of the greatest people and you'll get valuable advice, tips and tricks to a long and happy RV life.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #12
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
Moores;
Welcome to MOC. You will find a great amount of imformation in the various forums. Also if needing help or ideas for improving your Montana after using it awhile; there will be plenty of people giving suggestions. We picked up 3295 on June 17th and have enjoyed it when traveling or just camping around nearby lakes.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 03:31 PM   #13
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Moores, Welcome to the MOC. Glad to have you here. Keep us posted on your adventures. Hzppy rving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote