Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ruth and Greg and Marilyn, could you share with us if they were free, or the cost, also contact numbers and names?
I contacted them (two different people) three times, they did not even have the decency to return my emails.
Thanks. Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #22
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Same here. They did return my emails, though. No dice.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #23
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
Ozz..here is the contact from Keystone whom I used. Cherie Schmucker [mailto:schmc@keystonerv.com] . She was very accomodating. Just explain to her your situation and pass along the photo's that show the peeling.

Cherie is in customer service at Keystone.
oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #24
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Ruth and Greg and Marilyn, could you share with us if they were free, or the cost, also contact numbers and names?
I contacted them (two different people) three times, they did not even have the decency to return my emails.
Thanks. Ozz
Ozz, that is crazy, Keystone sent me the front graphics free of charge about two years ago, never put them on, then some others got bad, sent more pictures, June of this year, and got a complete new set free of charge, received the last of them about six weeks ago. I replaced all the bad ones, and will hold on to the rest until needed.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Greg & Marilyn, thanks I will contact her. It is crazy, maybe they know who I am and put me on the 'Ignore' list
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #26
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Greg & Marilyn, thanks I will contact her. It is crazy, maybe they know who I am and put me on the 'Ignore' list

As many as they have had to replace they are probably running out of them
Old 12-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #27
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
Graphics, yeah, I agree, what a joke. My early 2008 2955RL has about 1/3 of the front missing now, except of course for the adhesive shadow. I see some small areas on the side starting now to peel.
They went for quantity, not quality. Would have done better with fewer, better quality decals. I am not going to replace yet them but I am annoyed [mad].
I've got 20 year old decals on my boat that are still in good condition, sun, sea water, wax and unless I actually scratch them there is none of this nonesense.
I don't expect decals to last forever but this is ridiculous.
Maybe when I get home I'll call them and see what they say.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #28
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by clarkandsheila

Graphics, yeah, I agree, what a joke. My early 2008 2955RL has about 1/3 of the front missing now, except of course for the adhesive shadow. I see some small areas on the side starting now to peel.
They went for quantity, not quality. Would have done better with fewer, better quality decals. I am not going to replace yet them but I am annoyed [mad].
I've got 20 year old decals on my boat that are still in good condition, sun, sea water, wax and unless I actually scratch them there is none of this nonesense.
I don't expect decals to last forever but this is ridiculous.
Maybe when I get home I'll call them and see what they say.
WOW... That about sums it up.

MAYBE THE SALT PRESERVES THEM!
bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
It sounds like at some point we are going to be SOL on these replacement graphics, probably sooner than later. At this point we cannot even buy the replacements from Burlington Graphics. There are going to be a lot of eye sore Montana Fifth wheels out there. I have already seen a few, and mine was one of them until I replaced the bad ones, but they will not last . I am hoping to get more than 18 months out of the new ones. I now cover my fifth wheel when not in use, hopefully they will last longer that way, and hopefully the cover does not give me a problem with rubbing. Time will tell.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
tomd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5075
We have a 2003 2955RL and the graphics are still very good. We do keep it under roof when not in use, but we stay in Fort Myers Dec. through March and take short trips during the summer.
tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #31
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
It appears that the 2007 model yrs seem to be having the most problems. I had a 2007 and the graphics look brand new 4 yrs after I had it. I used dawn dish soap to wash it, and waxed it by hand twice a year every year with Mothers Carnuba wax over the decals also. Easy on easy off and had no problems anywhere on the unit. Don't know what it looks like today, or if it was what I used to protect them and the way it is applied to the unit, or that I just got lucky. Something to think about though. I also had a Class A Damon Intruder that I used the same methods and when I traded it in for the Montana they could not believe the shape and how nice the whole unit was. So it does work.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #32
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

It sounds like at some point we are going to be SOL on these replacement graphics, probably sooner than later. At this point we cannot even buy the replacements from Burlington Graphics. There are going to be a lot of eye sore Montana Fifth wheels out there. I have already seen a few, and mine was one of them until I replaced the bad ones, but they will not last . I am hoping to get more than 18 months out of the new ones. I now cover my fifth wheel when not in use, hopefully they will last longer that way, and hopefully the cover does not give me a problem with rubbing. Time will tell.
I know this is discussed in other threads and is slightly off topic but what brand of cover are you using? I'm researching and plan to cover mine.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #33
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Here is the best info I can give you. Covering your rig will not hurt it if you have a fitted cover. Many have tried to cover with tarps and resulted in chaffing the finished from windy conditions. I have experienced that on a travel trailer I had many year ago. When I bought My 1st Montana, I decided to have a custom cover made from Calmark see ( http://www.calmarkcovers.com/ ) I used this cover for 4 years and never had any issue with with any damage and it was made to zip open around the door of my 3400. Cover was lined and had sewn in straps as well as grommet holes for extra straps or bungee cord attachments. Would highly recommend this cover - was breathable and water proof. Sold this cover as I now spend the winters in warmer areas.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #34
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
To keep this on topic, the decals are not the only thing that suffers from basking in UV. Rubber shrinks, plastic turns brittle, of course tires dry rot.

I'm comparing the Goldline cover with the Calmark. Calmark seems to be a terrific product but Goldline is half the cost!

There is also great debate about waxing the decals. Many venders claim the wax removes the UV protection from the decal.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #35
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bighornram

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

I know this is discussed in other threads and is slightly off topic but what brand of cover are you using? I'm researching and plan to cover mine.
I decided to go with a mid range in pricing, they go from about 300 on up, I have the Adco, it was just over 400 shipped. It is okay . It has the zippers to access the door, lots of straps to tie it down ,it is vented, waterproof ,etc,etc. I go south for awhile in the winter ,and north in the summer, so hopefully it will last me awhile. My main motive was to see if I could get the graphics to last longer than 18 months. It sits for 7-8 months of the year.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #36
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
e-mailed Cherie at schmc@keystonerv.com last week with pictures of peeling plus a picture of the id card located in my kitchen cabinette. She returned an e-mail yesterday 12/27,asking for VIN# plus sent a diagram picture of all the graphics on my 07 3075RL. I gave her all the numbers of the graphics I needed and sent an e-mail back to her. Although I am on my own for removal and applying the graphics, she is sending the graphics for free. I also asked her if these new graphics are from the same company as the origionals. Hopefully they are from another company and better graphics. Took less than a week to get all the info to Cherie, now lets see how long it takes for the graphics to show up.
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #37
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Waxed decals with Mothers Carnuba for the last 11 yrs on two different RV's with like new condition after using it. Do it today with the SOB and 2 yrs later looks like brand new.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #38
oldgeezor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12003
Once I get my new decals installed in the spring I plan on using this product http://shineononline.com/
to bring back the shine and protect the new decals. At least for a few years anyway.
oldgeezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 AM   #39
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by oldgeezor

Once I get my new decals installed in the spring I plan on using this product http://shineononline.com/
to bring back the shine and protect the new decals. At least for a few years anyway.
Looks like the same stuff as poliglow, not too bad, but found it a little hard to work with on a large area. I put poliglow on my front cap after I removed the bad graphics. I could not buff out the shadows left from the graphics, the poliglow hid them. I removed the poliglow when I put on the new graphics. I was thinking of trying something to seal them. I know one thing they will not stay on there any better than the old ones without doing something. Right now they are covered, but when in use they are going to get beat up.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #40
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by oldgeezor

Looks like the same stuff as poliglow, not too bad, but found it a little hard to work with on a large area. I put poliglow on my front cap after I removed the bad graphics. I could not buff out the shadows left from the graphics, the poliglow hid them. I removed the poliglow when I put on the new graphics. I was thinking of trying something to seal them. I know one thing they will not stay on there any better than the old ones without doing something. Right now they are covered, but when in use they are going to get beat up.