Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #21
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Hello all. So we are building a house and moving to Florida, but the house wont be ready till the end of February. We live in upstate NY, and have to be out of our current house February 1st. So we are planning on using the 5er to stay in fore a couple of weeks, here in NY, while our house down south is being finished. Any tips people have will be much appreciated. We have tank haters in the unit, though I have never used them. We are parking it at a friends house, and will have 50 AMP power, and a water faucet close by so we can keep filling the fresh water tank as needed. So again, any advice or tips would be helpful so we don't freeze LOL I think we will be ok though. Thanks
We've camped in single digits many times. My personal advice it try to park pointing east (door side facing south) in an un shady spot so you can get the benefit of the sun during the day. Get a couple of good 1500 watt space heaters. I like the old school type as they don't clog with dust like the ceramic do.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-1...eater/50056227

Some good info here: https://www.winnebago.com/lifestyle/...survival-guide

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote