Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
cunninghamjr

M.O.C. #12635
outside tv

has any one added a tv/stero system out side like the new models have and who would do it the factory ?????

cunninghamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
I don't think it would be to difficult, if you are just alittle handy. Almost all the front bed room units, terminate the cables in the cabnet area, the 12 volt it there, and so is 120, you should have a very short pull to the understorage. I'm sure you can get a telescopic/folding TV mount and you should be in business.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
If you are talking about the outside entertainment center as in the new 3750 models, it is a major modification that would include re-working the aluminum studs and framing to allow for the insertion of the entire unit. I had asked about this when the option first became available. My solution was to simply add a coax connector to the outside and I carry a 22" LCD that I can plug in beneath the awning. The simple approach worked fine for me.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
I purchased a $20 bracket from Walmart and mounted a 19 inch tv outside and then hung a black curtain to hid everything in the basement when watching tv..

lfw
lfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'm not certain of the modification to the framing Bingo is talking about, but if all you want to do is mount a TV on the wall in the cargo bay like say my 3150RL it would be pretty simple as others have suggested. The aluminum frame separating the cargo bay from the area under your bedroom steps is already there. The particle board wall covered with the grey/black material is already there. My TV mount is simply screwed into the particle board wall which in turn is screwed onto the aluminum frame in about 6 places. Power and TV coax is generally in the bedroom just above the cargo bay, so that run would be pretty short. Several electonics stores as well as Wally World have articulating TV mounts that are easy to install and sorta reasonable in price. The coax and related hardware for the antenna wire can be had at the same stores or at Radio Shack.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote