Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
"Five-Button Thermostat Reset"

That's what a card says that I found in the bottom of my drawer last night while doing my "annual cleaning". The opposite side of the business card sized card has the "Four-Button Thermostat Reset".

Then the procedures for doing this, of course. We must have gotten these at the Goshen Rally last year, but I can't remember for what occasion we would ever have to do this on our thermostats?

Anyone have a better memory than me that can tell me why I shouldn't throw this card away???

This is the 5 button side of the card:
1. Turn slide switch to OFF position
2. Press and hold MODE (top) and ZONE (bottom) buttons
3. Turn slide switch to ON position
4. Release MODE and ZONE buttons
5. FF appears indicating reset is complete

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Dave,
I only had to use this procedure once. That was when I replaced the remote thermostat controller in the AC unit with the CCC thermostat controller kit. Because I had to change the settings on the modular dip switch to enable the furnace option, I needed to reset the controller and the Comfort Control Center electronics, using those very steps.

Wait, I take it back. I had one other occasion I needed to do this. When my thermostat acted up for some strange reason last fall, I found the only way to get it to recover was to use this procedure. I am not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but I was glad I had those steps burned into my memory. Now I will have to make sure I have them written down so I don't forget it later on.

If you ever see the "EE" error code displayed on your CCC, you will need to follow that procedure to return it to normal operation. I would recommend you keep that card in your files for future reference. It may come in handy when you need it...
EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Boy, my memory is going. I replaced my thermostat in 2005 and didn't remember those steps. I'm sure I had to, but just don't remember it.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
When we first got this Montana we had some trouble with the thermostat not firing up the furnace. My dealer told me to pop the thermostat off the wall and disconnect the jack on the back for a few minutes, then reassemble it. It worked. Does this accomplish the same thing as the five button salute you all are talking about? Ours is the CCC also.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Steve,
Sometimes, simply unplugging the reattaching the thermostat will do the trick. But for those times it is really confused or is showing the "EE" message, the only trick to resetting is the "five button salute" you refer to.
EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #6
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
We just replaced our wireless unit with the 5 button one. To get it to recognize the heat and air it also powered up with the EE. I contacted Duo-therm and they put me thru the reset procedure like you have. It is probably good to save that info,just in case of a failure and you get a case of "CRS" like I do almost daily.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racerjoe

It is probably good to save that info,just in case of a failure and you get a case of "CRS" like I do almost daily.
CRS? Is that what that's called??? I can't remember...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Tom. And Dave. I've saved the above procedure in case I can't find the manual when needed.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Save the card Dave incase I need to know what to do. If mine acts up I can just email you and you can email me back the instructions! How's the shoulder doing?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Save the card Dave incase I need to know what to do. If mine acts up I can just email you and you can email me back the instructions! How's the shoulder doing?
Great! I'll give it to my wife. She will remember where SHE put it...

Still have a July 22nd consult with the Dr. Trying to move that up. Needs to be replaced - and quickly.