Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2006, 02:28 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
LCD TV for the Montana

I found a nice LCD for the Montana . I bought a 26" Panasonic after doing a lot of research. The Panasonic has one of the smallest cabinet sizes in a 26 " screen size and also has the new HDMI cable connection which looks like a wide USB connection. One cable does video and audio, cuts down on cable clutter and gives the highest quality connection. These HDMI cables can be expensive but the Panasonic LCD I bought at Costco for 1000 bucks Canadian came with a HDMI cable.
We are very impressed with the picture and features on our new TV.

The LCD will be used in our bedroom in the stickhouse and I have a plan how I will install it in the Monty when we travel. I have a wall mount for it that will work fine and the base is removable. Some of the cheaper LCD's are not made for wall mounting.

Also we bought a new RCA DVD player that upgrades your DVDs to high resolution and it also came with it's own HDMI cable and the DVD picture on my new LCD tv is outstanding.

This new DVD has two slots that take almost every memory card of most popular digital cameras and you can show your photos on your TV without a computer or burning them into CDs so this is handy .
The great thing about this new DVD is it's low price. I paid 94 Canadian but you can get this set in the US for about 75 bucks.

I should have the units both installed in the Monty in the next two weeks and I will post Pics. Have a great Day.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote