Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2004, 11:11 AM   #1
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Bedroom slide leaks

I have been talking about the problems we have had with our 2955RL leaking around the B/R slide. After time number six back to the dealer they decided to ask Keystone for advice. ( I had sent a nasty gram to Keystone prior and got no response). I ask for a meeting with the owner of the company (Funtime Rv) and this request was denied, but I did talk (by phone)to the General Manager on Aug 20th and made an appointment to meet with him for a later time( the 24th of Aug.) As I walked into his office he informed me that Keystone had been on the phone with him only minutes before and wanted the trailer back at the factory after seeing all the times it had been in for the same repair problem. They may have known about all my problems because I kept good records and ALL the repair orders from FunTime, and that I had sent them copies of all the info I had. Anyway, the unit is going back to Indiana and I hope that they can find the problem. For all my troubles the are extending the warranty for an additional six months. Moral of the story. DON'T GIVE UP, KEEP FIGHTING AND KEEP GOOD RECORDS OF ALL YOUR REPAIRS.

I will post the outcome when the trailer comes back, about three weeks. I don't know about the repair records all being on computer to the factory, but I had sent a care package to them after leak number five and that was what I had not response from.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote