Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
HOME!!

We rolled into town around 3pm today, I will post some pics of the storm we watched all the way here from Rhinelander on up. We got parked int he yard and the sky opened up. I barely got the slides out before it hit. Very heavy rain and then the hail hit. I ran out to get Betsy's car into the garage and almost went deaf inside that 32x36 steel pole barn. We had two rounds of hail, the second being the worst. As soon as it was over I ran out to the rig to check skylights and fantastic fans, all were intact. Betsy went into the bathroom a little later and said uh oh. The cover on garbage vent was full of holes and there were bits of busted plastic all over the screen. I just got off the roof and places a 2x2 ft piece of plywood and a cement block over the vent until I can find another cover. I had no trouble getting the well primed and running, and there were no leaks in the water system that I can see. The basement is very damp so the dehumidifier is going full blast as well as two big box fans. I have a Dr appt in Rhinelander tomorrow for a Lyme titer since Beau and I got eaten up in KC by about a gazillion ticks and I had two bulls eye on my right arm. Want to make sure I don't have it and get it treated early if I do. Hopefully I can get that vent while in Rhinelander, if not then I will get on line and order a brand new fantastic vent with remote for the bathroom. The DSL works great, Hughes is now a thing of the past. The funny thing is that the DSL works fine but the voice phone does not work at all and of course we don't have any viable cell service up here on the frontier. Frontier phone company says they will have it back up and running tomorrow. The mosquitoes here this year are TERRIBLE. Betsy was trying to guide me back into the rig parking slot but spent most of her time swatting the damn things which confused the heck out of me as I thought she was telling me to turn right and drive up the tree. We will spend tonight in the rig and start unloading Saturday. A day of rest is in the offing..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote