Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles or RV related items Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Remote Control Board

I am looking for the Remote Control Board that is located in the Front Basement that controls the Landing Gear, Awning, Slides and Back Stabilizer from the KeyFob in 2008 thru mid 2009 Montana's.
Not a new one, but it you have one that has crapped out and was replaced, i'd really love to have the old one please. PM Me. I'll pay the shipping.

Thank You
Randy

Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Randy,

Is your board not working? Most of the problems are fixed by removing power for a minute or two. I put an extra Auto Circuit breaker on the ground of mine, so when it has a fit, I can kill the power to it, and it is fine again.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
John, Thanks for the input. Good suggestion.
Mine lost the Ground Relay Side that is needed to run the LG, Awn, Rooms, and Rear Stabilizer. After tracing the trouble into the board, it looks like, IMO, that the relay is under rated. Example is, i measured the insurge(Start)current for the landing gear at 58 amps and the run current at 28 amps. (Now we know why the 30 amp fuses blow so easy)
Long story short, i talked with Lippert and the only board available now is the third generation board at close to $400.00 and it does not have heavier control relays on it. (They Never learn)
I did design an "Overlay" control board to fix the problem that has heavier relays and less resistance that works better than the original.
I need an old board so i can figure out which keyfob frequency and code set is being used to build a complete replacement board. My thinking is, someone else might need a heavier duty replacement board some day and they could get a free schematic that works.
Thanks
Randy
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote