Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
RGV parks entertainment

I checked out some of the parks for their weekend entertainment for 09 includeing the one we stay at and it looks a little sad this year. I went into the valley web site that offers bios's of available groups and it is really a short list. A lot of it is the same groups that live in the area. I am a little tired of Senior Moments, I am not that old. I like rock and roll or anything out of the 60's or 70's. I think the lack of groups has to do with fuel cost and the economy. Looks like more trips down highway 100 to Padre Island for some up to date music.

old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I believe that a lot of visitors to the RGV cancelled during the summer when the price of fuel was staggering. (I know of several friends that did just that.) Now, that it has come down, they have made other plans.

Also possible that some have been hit so hard by all this economic downturn that they have no means to get to the RGV.

It is early in the season, maybe some of them will change their minds as the cold weather sets in, that will make an impression on those of us in the colder climes??

It surely is a different world than just 12 months ago, eh?? SIGH
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #3
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

Old turbo

We are always looking for 50's and 60's rock n roll. Last year we enjoyed a great band at Mission Bell. We think the "Cruisers" was the name. We tried twice to get into Victoria Palms for their Sock Hops but they were Sold Out. The first year we were down, we only found a couple, we're hoping with the interest and large attendance, there will be more. Would be nice to meet you at one of those dances.
Larry and LaVonne
Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Fun N Sun in Sna Benito has a dance every Friday night...I beleive its mostly country..I havent had time(isnt that a shocker??)to check it out but I hear its good...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote