Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
Anybody use Bully Dog?

I know some have mentioned Spartan and Banks, but was wondering if anyone is using Bully Dog. And if it does make a difference for you in any way. Thanks, D

Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have herd some about Bully Dog. can't remember what but I do remember it was not good. Banks makes a tuner that is Cal legit. Every body that I know likes their Spartan. My spartan does make a difference. I can't describe the difference. It is like a new truck. With a tuner, EGR and DPF delete you get rid of almost every thing that gives trouble on these trucks. You will have a more reliable more durable better running truck. There is no down side except you can lose your warranty. Your transmission is strong enough to handle the power, no problem there with up to at least 250+ extra rear wheel HP. The EGTs will be lower. I rarely see mine at 1100 degrees. If I had to take my tuner off I would get rid of the truck. If you would like to talk about it call me at 540 380 2683 ask for Lynwood.
On EDIT I notice you live in Ohio. I will be in Ohio the week before Memorial day just west of Canton at Dalton. Come see us and you can judge for your self.
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
I used H and S Performance on my Dodge, delete, night and day difference. However, many of the Tuner manufacture, recently where forced by EPA to stop sell anything that would delete or tune polution control systems.(As in the past month) Even labeled for of road racing, no going to slide. Many are going to a "Street" tuner, which does not have near the power(HP and Torque) or mileage increases.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
I am now past warranty so I'm looking at my options....love this truck but hate the mileage!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Since the EPA crackdown about a month ago. The model tuner XRT PRO, which cost $500 new are now on ebay(and selling)for 1200 to 1500, yes they do work.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I think grayghost03 is wright. If you wont a tuner get it NOW. The EPA has cracked down on the big guys and, I'm afraid will soon be after every body else.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ddettorre

I know some have mentioned Spartan and Banks, but was wondering if anyone is using Bully Dog. And if it does make a difference for you in any way. Thanks, D
Man, my last to post were from my cell phone, takes forever for me. Most of the units now being sold are modified to work with none deleted trucks. These can give performance gains but not alot of mileage gains. Such as the XRT Pro, mine is good for up to 140hp and 250 ft/lbs of torque, but deleted I also picked up about 4 mpg(not towing) You can still purchase an XRT Pro-Street, but much smaller gains and very little MPG gain. But these units do make a difference that has to be felt to be believed. My unit also has transmission tunes, so that you can set up your trans for longer life(cooler operation, torque converter lockup points, etc). They are step by step and very easy to use. I will probalbly be selling mine, after changing to the Duramax, and my unit will not cover 2013. As far as your truck is concerned, the XRT Pro that I have is a one part number unit, it has tunes that covers Ford, Chevy, and Dodge, for certain years. With no warranty now, I would jump all over this, I did my Dodge still under warranty, because the only problem I every had with it was the pollution equipment, once all that stuff fell off and I tuned it, NEVER ANOTHER ISSUE of any type. If you want anymore info feel free to PM me. I kind of run(drive) with a crowd that deletes trucks. My best friend drives a 2008 Ford, deleted, Pulls a 33 foot tongue pull, has now falling in love with his truck.