Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
JMGJR
Established Member

M.O.C. #26237
Question Opinions on 3855BR

My wife and I are looking to purchase a 3855BR. I work from home full time and it gives me the office space I need so we can camp more plus room for grandkids/guest to stay over at times. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about the 3855BR (or 3854BR)? We will be switching from a 2013 SilverCreek 37BH bunk house and will miss having two bathrooms.

JMGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Sounds like a perfect fit for you. You need to get what you want, need and like.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Another member asked about this recently. Take a look at their Thread.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=81305

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGJR View Post
My wife and I are looking to purchase a 3855BR. I work from home full time and it gives me the office space I need so we can camp more plus room for grandkids/guest to stay over at times. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about the 3855BR (or 3854BR)? We will be switching from a 2013 SilverCreek 37BH bunk house and will miss having two bathrooms.
Hi All,
Our daughter is looking into getting that model (3855BR if that's the residential). The only draw back that we have and other's have seen also is there is little room in the trailer for storage. Mostly in the galley area. But if your not using the attic space for grand kids that would be a easy area to store tot boxes.

Charlie
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #5
muster

M.O.C. #25565
We are totally new to RV ownership and feel like we are going through rapid fire training. That being said....

We took delivery of a 2020 3855BR Legacy a week ago and have spent 4 nights in it so far. We ordered this unit because I will be working part time and we want to do some traveling. In hindsight we would of went with the 3854BR because of our lack of love for Samsung. We are still trying to determine how to get the ice maker in the freezer to work. Stickers on the ice maker said there would be a shutoff value under the sink and under the sink there was also a sticker indicating so. We finally found a shut off valve behind the drawer that is under the stove, but turning it on still did not fix the problem. We also have a couple other issues we are trying to work through. The Legacy is pretty much computerized, so if you prefer buttons, probably stay away from the Legacy.

As far as storage is concerned, it all depends on what you are looking for and may be used to. There is a large cabinet next to the pantry above the TV and cabinets a couple steps further across the back above the couch. There is also cabinets above the entrance to the bunk room which is right off of the kitchen. Plus some cabinets in the bunk room. This works fine for my wife and I because we are both tall. If you have to get a step stool every time you want to get something out of the cabinet, that could be kind of a pain. And as mentioned, there is not much counter space.

In 2 weeks we are heading out to spend around 3 weeks traveling, so we will see how it goes.
muster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3854, 3854br, 3855, 3855br