Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
mamestra
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12359
Flushing with hot water

We were scheduled to have some work done on our Satellite dish, I hit a low tree branch and did some damage, the day before we were to take the 5er in the toilet wouldn't shut off. I had the problem before, but lubed the pedal mechanism and the leaking stopped. This time there was no simple fix, so I said since you have it in there, have a look at the toilet and let me know what's happening. According to the tech our toilet is hooked up to the hot water line and according to them this has contributed to the fact that the shutoff valve has failed. Whether the increased wear is caused by the hot water I'm not sure, but is having a toilet hooked up to hot water common, I know this toilet has a history of this problem and would certainly would like some recommendations on possible replacements as I gather replacing the valve if I have the dealership do it would cost almost as much as a new toilet. This toilet is the standard in a 2012 Montana 3750 FL.
mamestra is offline   Reply With Quote