Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2021, 11:05 AM   #21
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodwin3940 View Post
+1 for Lambright. Custom ordered in March and picked up in August.

https://lambrightcomfortchairllc.com
Wow! I need the same exact furniture, that is gorgeous. Any chance you could tell me how much it's going to set me back?

Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #22
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
R S O'Donnell:
Is this the "Novovequatz (sp) vintage tufted velvet split futon in gray"? Has a split back and can become a bed. It appears you have it in the rear of your camper that seems similar to our 3611 with narrow shelves on each end. Also, think your camper is 96" wide on the outside. My measurements of ours indicates the present couch is 78.5" long (my measurement may be off! Have not remeasured again since it is in storage one hour away. What difficulty did you have placing it in the camper especially thru the door. Comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #23
agoodwin3940

M.O.C. #21872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ&Reen View Post
Wow! I need the same exact furniture, that is gorgeous. Any chance you could tell me how much it's going to set me back?
I don't want to give an exact price because they're made to order and I negotiated a small discount with Vernon. But I will tell you that they are Lambright Harrison RV Theater Seats and Harrison Sleeper Sofa. The material is Ultraleather and the color name/code is Toro 291-1334.
agoodwin3940 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #24
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by navybanker View Post
R S O'Donnell:
Is this the "Novovequatz (sp) vintage tufted velvet split futon in gray"? Has a split back and can become a bed. It appears you have it in the rear of your camper that seems similar to our 3611 with narrow shelves on each end. Also, think your camper is 96" wide on the outside. My measurements of ours indicates the present couch is 78.5" long (my measurement may be off! Have not remeasured again since it is in storage one hour away. What difficulty did you have placing it in the camper especially thru the door. Comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
It's this one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Ho...6?athbdg=L1600

Comes in a box folded in half and partially assembled. Goes right through the door with no issues whatsoever. It too is 78.5" long. I attached the legs to the floor with L brackets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5896.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	10698  
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #25
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodwin3940 View Post
I don't want to give an exact price because they're made to order and I negotiated a small discount with Vernon. But I will tell you that they are Lambright Harrison RV Theater Seats and Harrison Sleeper Sofa. The material is Ultraleather and the color name/code is Toro 291-1334.
Thank you, I'll give them a call.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #26
CraigB in FL
Established Member

M.O.C. #29201
we bought our 2015 3582RL in June 2021 and the "leather" recliners and sofa bed were beginning to peel. That turned into a full out shedding with the recliners. We wanted vinyl or leather, due to the pets that travel with us and liked the black color. we did not want powered since we do a lot of overnight boondocking on the road. It was difficult finding anything remotely available.

After a lot of searching, we ordered a "KVK PU Reclining Console Loveseat, Upholstered Sofa Recliner Chair, Manual Reclining Home Theater Seating with Storage Console Cup Holder, Arm Chair for Living Room Bedroom, Black Loveseat"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HPWSBHP...roduct_details

It arrived in four boxes that will easily fit through the 5er door and looks to be of decent quality. 5er is currently in the shop for some repairs, so we won't actually get them installed for a couple of weeks. Will update my evaluation then.

2015 Montana 3582RL
2015 Ford F-350 DRW, 6.7 diesel, Anderson Ultimate Connection Gooseneck Hitch
CraigB in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #27
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Okay, another question, how hard is it to remove old furniture?? Have the theater seats and the couch. Think, if need be, to just take out piece by piece if necessary. Also, how wide is the door? Thanks for all the very helpful info.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
Old 12-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #28
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Standard RV door width is 22 inches. The couch back pulls right off the base so you can cart both pieces out separately. Theater seats are a three-piece deal that easily unbolt so you can cart each piece out separately as well.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #29
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
My problem is my chairs are in the back in front of the window. I turn them sideways for the slides to come in. That leaves 33 inches max - better to be safe with 32 inches. It gets hard to find any chairs that width. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #30
jwengermt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26938
We have the same issue with the chairs in the back and we have to turn them to get the slides in. The two recliners we bought from RecPro work just fine. They are light weight also and easy to maneuver. We have a 29" door so we had no trouble removing the old recliners and jackknife sofa. The new furniture we assembled inside the trailer so no issues there.
2004 Chev 2500 HD
jwengermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:57 AM   #31
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Have probably settled on RECPRO since they list a lot of measurements and videos.
Hopefully, one last question: How or do you attach furniture to the floor of the slide. I know some have screwed "L" shaped metal brackets to furniture "legs". But what size/type screws used and is there anything else to be aware of. Have carpet under the furniture. Assume you should not use screws that go completely thru the slideout floor!! Trying to think of everything before ordering. Thanks again for your patience and understanding. This has turned into a real project!!

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
Old 12-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #32
jwengermt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26938
We haven't anchored the couch or the recliners. As I said before the recliners we need to turn to let the slides in so can't anchor those. The couch seems to be fine and has not moved at all in transit. We've only done one trip since putting it in, but don't think we'll have an issue. The couch is sitting on the same slide as the dining table and chairs. The table is anchored. For screws just make sure that the screws are not to long and penetrate the plywood underlay.
2004 Chev 2500 HD
jwengermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #33
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've been in, under, around, and on top of several different brands of RV's. I'd guess less than 1/4 have the furniture lagged to the floor save the pedestal for the dining table. If you feel the need and your current furniture is attached to the flooring just use what was removed. Most Montana's have right at 1/2" flooring which won't matter if you are securing say a couch across the rear, but it will make a difference screwing into a slide out floor. By the time you allow for carpet and theater seat framework thickness you're looking at maybe a 5/8" screw.

By the way, you'll be happy with RecPro's products, packaging, shipping, and service, Their stuff looks good and is comfortable. Your project aside from choosing what you wanted is really straight forward. Remove the old furniture in pieces ... bring in the new furniture in pieces ... enjoy.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:53 PM   #34
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Finally, visited the camper in storage to measure door. It is 28" wide. Measured several times to make sure. The furniture is not anchored to floor! Never had a problem.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
Old 01-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #35
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Just for clarity ... here's a photo of what holds most modular furniture pieces together. One piece has a stud that fits in a bracket shaped with a C groove on the other pieces(s). You just pull one forward maybe an inch or less, then lift up and away from each part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01179.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	11131  
Old 01-26-2022, 08:16 AM   #36
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Thanks Dieselguy. My door measured 28" deducting the plastic piece on each side. Ordered RecPro yesterday. Sad thing is after deciding on what to do, theater seats, center cup holder and jackknive sofa prices increased $200 total.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
Old 01-22-2024, 02:52 PM   #37
N. Hall
Established Member

M.O.C. #26717
Hello. I have a 2015 Montana 3850FL and was wondering what to do with replacing one of our fold out couches and replacing with two recliners. What did you do about the step up on the front slide outs, it's uneven with the main floor?
N. Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 09:40 AM   #38
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
We traded that fiver for a smaller travel trailer. Not sure what you are talking about concerning the "step up". We replaced the two recliners with the RECPRO recliners that come in two pieces and fit together. The recliners were in the slide out. The "sofa" was taken apart and all old furniture went to the dump. We purchased the "jack knife" sofa also from RECPRO. The jack knife replacement needed three "washers" to make it fit. Not really noticeable. Complained to Recpro and they refunded $200 as best as I remember. The new furniture was good. But we traded shortly afterwards.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
Old 01-23-2024, 10:16 AM   #39
N. Hall
Established Member

M.O.C. #26717
Quote:
Originally Posted by navybanker View Post
We traded that fiver for a smaller travel trailer. Not sure what you are talking about concerning the "step up". We replaced the two recliners with the RECPRO recliners that come in two pieces and fit together. The recliners were in the slide out. The "sofa" was taken apart and all old furniture went to the dump. We purchased the "jack knife" sofa also from RECPRO. The jack knife replacement needed three "washers" to make it fit. Not really noticeable. Complained to Recpro and they refunded $200 as best as I remember. The new furniture was good. But we traded shortly afterwards.
I’m sorry, I forgot to tag another member who did a remod on their front living room slide.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:23 AM   #40
N. Hall
Established Member

M.O.C. #26717
Step up on front slide out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc6114 View Post
We bought a Lane big man's chair for me at a local store after removing our broken down love seat recliner. We the took out a couch in one of our living room slides and replaced it with a Euro style recliner for the Mrs. We both love the big man's chair but are going to replace the Euro with a smaller Lazy Boy for her. We have a 2017 3731FL so we have two slides and a big living area. Put the one couch in storage after taking it apart. We love our set up as full timers!
What did you do about the step up on your front slide out when you changed to a recliners in your front slide out? I have a 3850FL with two foldout couches, but want recliners on one side.