Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2021, 09:03 PM   #1
Linehand15
Established Member

M.O.C. #26120
Flooring coming up

We have a 2020 High Country 334 Bh and the flooring in the kitchen around the island was pulling up and air was blowing under it when the heater was on. We took it back for warranty, they cut the extra linoleum that was hanging into the vents and fix that kinda. Now it is coming up in the master bedroom. No vent in 4 feet! We took it back for warranty they said no problem with materials or workmanship so the will not warranty. Will only fix if it gets snagged and pulled up when the bed slides over it?
Anyone els having issues with this?

Linehand15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:24 AM   #2
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
seal the vent in the bedroom so air does not go under the floor
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Just because a dealer say so doesn't make it so. Try another dealer or even the factory. Flooring that doesn't stick is a workmanship issue as long as it wasn't subject to flooding or other external cause.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
If they are clued, it is only on the edges. Many times there a gaps in the heat registers allowing the hot air to blow under the flooring. One of the first items I do to a new camper is remover all the floor vents and use a good duct tape around the edges. Do the same with your AC vents in the ceiling. It helps with heating and cooling.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
We have a brand new 2020 377FL. We have the same issue in the living room with the Linoleum raising when the heat blows. Being the living room is up in the 5th wheel section I decided to investigate with mirror and flash light. I found the living room is on its own dedicated duct about 2 feet long fed by a dryer like hose, the rest of the unit which is the lower level so to speak is supplied by its own dedicated duct. I used a flash light and mirror, the duct looks perfect and I duct taped all around the vent to be sure there is no leakage, yet it still rises when the heat blows. The short piece of duct ends right at the floor register, again with a flash light and mirror I looked all around where the register goes into the floor and still no holes, cracks etc. Its just baffling because the duct that feeds the living room is up in the 5th wheel is literally 2 feet long with a direct hose from the furnace to the duct and one register. I guess my next step is to disconnect the dryer like hose in the cellar and see if it still does it, just as a piece of mind or what some would say a process of elimination.
Mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:50 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The front area of a Montana, regardless of the layout, is fed by a flexible duct as it is higher than the heater plenum. Many of us have converted for to a hard pipe to avoid tearing the flex duct when moving stuff in the pass through.

The problem with flooring lifting is not uncommon in the newer Montanas. There have been numerous Threads about this feature. As I recall, it is a simple fix. The Search box above is your friend.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #7
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
The front area of a Montana, regardless of the layout, is fed by a flexible duct as it is higher than the heater plenum. Many of us have converted for to a hard pipe to avoid tearing the flex duct when moving stuff in the pass through.

The problem with flooring lifting is not uncommon in the newer Montanas. There have been numerous Threads about this feature. As I recall, it is a simple fix. The Search box above is your friend.
Exactly what I stated, yet my flex hose is protected in the cellar by the side panels so no worries there. Ive read many post related to this but have yet to find a fix say nothing about a simple fix. Im very open if you have suggestions. Thanks
Mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote