Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2004, 07:34 AM   #1
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
bigger awnings!

after being around long enough and after having been living in a unit on a seasonal campsite, I would just like to say...Please consider offering a larger awning on your units. most concrete pads are 23' long...my awning is only 17' long.it could accomodate a larger one, but it wasn't an option when I ordered the camper.if you set up your add a room like a living room with a 17' awning and have a 23' pad...water comes in.

in a side note, if you had your info released earlier in the year it would make buying a new unit easier. when I ordered mine, the dealer had no information at all. I was familiar with montana so I bought it sight unseen.if someone wanted to buy one not familiar with montanas product line...you'd be out of luck and out of a sale!

BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
That's why I fought so hard for a 23' awning and got it. We were even willing to take the 17' (not attached to unit) and pay the difference. Keystone said it had to be mounted. I said no way -- maybe no deal. Then I got the e-mail stating the dealer would put one (23") on at no cost. I wanted our second door under the awning. I don't think that was a stupid request.
Just know we will be looking for a new dealer. Researching all these Montana's out there, we realize we paid way way too much. We are even looking to go back to a motor home. The taste of being taken even a little is a bitter taste.
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:17 AM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
yes it is...sorry you got burned. good luck in the decision, I know it's a tuff one! think I might buy a seperate awning and eat the cost! but I will have to get a new screen room front!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
My 3400RL door is just covered by the awning by say an inch, and if the wind blows, rain comes in. Also, I have a slide out that comes out right next to the door so the rain run off if windy blows in the door.

Montana Reps Offer us a larger awning.....Thanks!!!
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:20 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sue,
I agree but ours doesn't even do the inch. I get drenched unlocking the door. However having had larger awnings and watching many neighbors, if you live in a very windy area, smaller is better.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:27 PM   #6
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
However having had larger awnings and watching many neighbors, if you live in a very windy area, smaller is better.
Hi Sue Rowe,
This is Sue Roe (hehe )

I would love the option tho. I don't leave my awning up unless absoultely 100% no wind. I learned with my little travel trailer what a gust of wind can do in a matter of an hour. For me if I had a longer awning say just a few feet, I would be pleased. I do have the slide toppers, don't know if all would fit???
Old 10-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Sue Roe This is Sue Rowe (we've gotta meet)
Good point. Since we are parked we leave ours up all the time and have weighted straps to keep it still. When we travel, we don't put awning up unless we are there for several days. What is your favorite color?
Old 10-15-2004, 06:18 AM   #8
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:

Sue Roe This is Sue Rowe (we've gotta meet)
What is your favorite color?
Depends on what it's for!

I love all kind's of colors
Why'd you ask?
Old 10-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Because mine is purple (I'm known as the purple lady) and I noticed purple was the first line in your signature. Thought maybe we shared that as well as name and Monty's.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:51 PM   #10
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Notice I used purple too in my first response back to you! Purple is one of my fav's. Now I just gotta get you in a Dodge. (hehe)
Old 10-17-2004, 07:48 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
No way. We are a GM family. GMAC loves us as we have had 7 or 8 vehicles financed through them. I have an Envoy, we have a Chevy truck and will probably get a GMC (I love one of the sigs here on the forum "Great Montana Carrier") truck. We also have a Buick so Ed doesn't have to drive the truck back and forth between our stick house in Southern Calfiornia and our Monty (and me) in Northern California. Doesn't your husband have a GMC?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:34 AM   #12
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
Doesn't your husband have a GMC?
Yes he does. It actually pulls great. I was just being a smart @ss cause you and I have so much alike.

Old 10-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #13
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
if using just the awning, it might not be as stable, but when adding a screen room to it then it's fine.