Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
Montana_495
Established Member

M.O.C. #495
Temporarily forced to Full Time

Mary and I are selling our home and have moved our HHG's to storage while a new home is being built.

We moved our 3295RK to a local RV area and have been enjoying our beautiful rig for 2 weeks now on the way to 6 months.

We have been very comfortable in it and if we could wish for anything - it would be more water pressure in the shower. But it gets the job done.

More adventures to follow.

John and Mary Clapper

Montana_495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
clappperjohn

what an exciting time! Congrats and enjoy!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John and Mary, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the transition period in the Montana. We found it amazing how easily we adapted to a much smaller space when we started fulltiming. Maybe you'll decide to sell the house and hit the road in the Montana!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:00 AM   #4
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Good luck to you while you are waiting for the house to be done. What a great idea to use the 5er instead of having to live with family or whatever. I hope it all works out for you and you have very little stress.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:26 AM   #5
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by clapperjohn
Mary and I are selling our home and have moved our HHG's to storage while a new home is being built ...
Boy, I'd really like to do the same thing but can't find a long term camping arrangement within a reasonable commute to my work location!

Sure envy you as I think that is an excellent use of your RV. And besides will give you a good feel for what living in it fulltime would be like!

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:42 PM   #6
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
WE changed the shower head and the pressure improved greatly. Got one with less and smaller holes. When we did the walk-thru with the service Mgr, He said, "The first thing you want to do is replace this!" As he stood there holding the shower head. He was right! We did it after the 2nd trip. Got one a CW for around $10. The one that looked just like it but chrome was I think around $20+.
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #7
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Hi John & Mary,
Yea your idea works. We have done just that twice over the years while having houses built. It left us with some great memories.
We have also had low water flow and found out it was some calcium built up in the screen and on the back flow valve which is located right where we connect our water to the Rig. The screen can easily be pulled out and cleaned and with my finger I worked the valve to loosen it up. That really helped. I'm still trying to figure a way to lube this little valve, remembering it's in the water flow.
Maybe yours is the same. Worth checking.

Enjoy this time together.
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:24 AM   #8
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
DrivesBGM,
We didn't even try Campgrounds. We went right to Adult Mobile Home Parks and rented by the Month. They were happy to have us. Don't know if these parks are avail. in your area.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DrivesBGM

quote:Originally posted by clapperjohn
Mary and I are selling our home and have moved our HHG's to storage while a new home is being built ...
Boy, I'd really like to do the same thing but can't find a long term camping arrangement within a reasonable commute to my work location!

Sure envy you as I think that is an excellent use of your RV. And besides will give you a good feel for what living in it fulltime would be like!

Craig
[/quote]
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote