Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
New Floor Plans

I'm sure it will not make any difference, but I'd like to express my disappointment with some of the changes in the new floor plans I have seen. We now have a 2002 2955 RL, and one of the main factors which led us to buy this Montana was the fact that it had real sliding doors between the bedroom and the bath area. We were dismayed to find that almost every manufacturer had followed the trend toward "bedroom/bathroom suites" with only some kind of curtain to separate (if at all). Of somewhat less concern is that the space for washer/dryer in this relatively small model (2955) seems not to be an option, but basic to the floor plan. I'm honestly not sure what we will do when we are ready to buy another RV, but these factors will certainly make the Montana floor plans less attractive to us.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Went thru a 2005 and I hadn't even noticed whether the door between the bed and bath was still there or not.

I did notice the wash/dryer cabinet and actually consider it as additional storage for the bigger items on the floor and by adding a few shelves additional space for folded garments.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:46 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Thanks, Glenn, it does help if the "washer/dryer" space can actually be thought of as a closet. That would resolve the minor problem. The doors are far more important in our evaluation. I hope they have not disappeared. That remains our major concern.

Always enjoy your posts. Hope we can meet you folks sometime in person. Maybe we can get you across the Mississippi.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:48 AM   #4
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Glenda and I actually liked the new floor plans. In the 3475 that we have ordered, the space under the bedroom TV has 4 large drawers and we feel that the closet between the shower and bed more than makes up for the closet space lost across the front due to the TV and drawers.

For us the sliding door in the bedroom is an issue we can live with for the few times we need it.

When we looked at the new 3500 that has the washer/dryer closet in the front of the bedroom we immediately thought of putting in shelves if we went with this model. In our opinion the bedroom isn't a real good spot for the washer/dryer.

We're happy with what we're getting...except that interior colour scheme.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by padredw

Thanks, Glenn, it does help if the "washer/dryer" space can actually be thought of as a closet. That would resolve the minor problem. The doors are far more important in our evaluation. I hope they have not disappeared. That remains our major concern.
The additional storage was the first thing that crossed our minds. Lorraine nor I see any need for a washer/dryer.
If the doors have been eliminated it may not be that big a problem to add a set on your own.
Quote:
quote:
Always enjoy your posts. Hope we can meet you folks sometime in person. Maybe we can get you across the Mississippi.
Thank you for the kind words and hopefully we will get across the Mighty Mississippi this fall as we make our way towards Reno. And there is a strong possibility that we will be spending some time in Texas before returning to Florida next winter.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:01 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Just to remind you, Glenn, that Texas is a big state and has extremely varied cultural and geographic regions. That's why we put "East Texas" on our ID. To be even more precise, we live in "North East Texas". Anyway, the point of all this is to say that if your journey brings you through our part of the world we'd like to hear from you. And, if there is any way we can help with local matters, please do let us know.

BTW, when we go to Colorado (as we do several times a year) more than half of the entire journey is within Texas. We travel across the North Texas prarieland, along the Red River, and into the high plains of the Texas Panhandle. Much of that territory is nothing like the pine woodlands and rolling hills we live in. And as for "the Valley" where so many of our friends are living as Winter Texans -- well that is another world, indeed. Thanks for listening!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:30 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, if you've not been west of the big river, be prepared to be awed over and over again. The west has so many stunning places to visit. We've only scratched the surface. We'll be "out west" at Yellowstone, Grand Tetons NP, Glacier NP, and hopefully some of the NP's in Utah on our way to Reno, so look for us! We've already done Rocky Mountain National Park (just spent one day here and want to do more), The many places to see around Colorado Springs, Yosemite, Big Bend, Carlsbad, Alamogordo, and others and we've still just scratched the surface.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32 AM   #8
Montana_2966

M.O.C. #2966
King bed and washer dryer availability outweigh losing the doors. My wife and I feel like the curtain is sufficient even though we would prefer a door, blocking view is all either of them do anyways...sound still travels through either. Plus, if you don't want the washer/dryer, you get four huge drawers. Cool idea keystone!
Montana_2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:48 AM   #9
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I agree with those that want the privacy door back. We have the curtain and it is useless. You can see through it with the wrong lighting. You never know when company may pop in.
I don't need a washer or dryer. I need all the storage I can get.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:33 AM   #10
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Welcome, MackDaddy, and I, for one, certainly respect your preference. Still, while I haven't actually counted or kept score, I think you are only the third one who has clearly expressed that preference. A couple of others have not had strong opinions one way or the other, BUT the vast majority are greatly disappointed that the doors have disappeared. Not a scientific survey, but just my observation. We who feel that way, just wanted to let Keystone/Montana know how we feel about the change and hope that they will consider the whole picture.