Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Wright-Patterson AFB FAMCAMP

Very nice place...inconvenient Gate entry (Gate 12A only) but there is a closer vehicle entrance off of OH 235. The CG itself is at Bass Lake, on the North side of Patterson AFB.

WPAFB is a very large installation, actually two installations, with lots of facilities. AF Museum is close by (at Wright Field) and worth at least two full days to tour it....free, of course. Big IMAX theater at the Museum (not free, of course).

PJ, Nan and Scooter
3655FL
'99 Dodge Diesel 2500, BD auto trans, pwr chip, Pac brake, Bielsen shocks, Banks Exhaust.

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It's really nice to have you two critiquing these FAMCAMPS for us. We hope to use them more in the future. Thanks. Next stop....Goshen????

Judy
http://spaces.msn.com/bamatravelers/
http://bamatravelers.blogspot.com
Traveling with Glen and Greta in our 2004 Dodge dually and Montana 3380 RL

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:30 AM   #3
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Thanks for the information. We were considering trying Wright Patterson CG next year when we travel back west. Keep up the good work and letting us know about the different military camp grounds.

Ken and Velda
Mindy (Our spoiled cocker spaniel)
Dahlgren Va
2005 3475 Montana w/automatic satellite dome/dish
2005 2500HD GMC 4x4 Crewcab with Duramax/Allison and edge/attitude, 45 gal transfer flo tank, Air Lift air springs, and Doran tire pressure alert system.

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Patrick AFB, Florida has a nice small campground right on the Banana River, you have to go through the truck gate because they have a slalom set up to enter the regular qates and my F350 won't make it, too tight. Glenn and Judy, does Ft. McClellan have anything left for military folks or did the whole base go away. I was a Drill Sgt there in the late 70's and some of my old buddys should still be in the area.

Pete, Waltraud (Wally), Brian(Grandson) and Hannah (Big German Shepherd).
2005 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW FX4 Crew Cab 6.0 Turbo Diesel, w/tow boss package, dual batteries and alternators. Reese 16K fifth wheel and a 2005 Montana 2955RL.
IMG]http://i4.tinypic.com/1115lk2.jpg[/IMG
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
Thanks for the tip on WPAFB...there's a good chance that we'll be assigned there...probably the next assignment actually. We visited the Famcamp at Lackland...nice. Friendly environment, full hook-up with cable AND although wireless wasn't advertised, we were able to link up to a system somehow...my guess was an unsecure user, but it worked for us! Nice commercial gate, but not clearly marked. We did call ahead (thanks for previous advice!!!) and they gave us directions, but it's always nice to actually get a visual on a sign for commercial vehicles. We'll be looking for a site at Maxwell AFB, AL within the next few weeks...any tips on that one? Best wishes.

'03 F-350 Lrt CC LB SRW FX4 PSD6.0L/Auto
'04 3295RK
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
Hello All!...I am parked in FAMCAMP at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas. The Desert Eagle RV park. The park is very nice with lots of parking. Trees are scarce and it is very warm but still very nice. I was informed today that they are raising the price a dollar (now 18)a day. I have no idea what the other bases charge but I seem to remember Mountain Home AFB in Idaho at 12 dollars a day. If you should come to Las Vegas whithin the next five months stop and say hello....Mike and Mary
RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #7
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Sorry, no personal experience re Maxwell. Given the AF PME school(s) there, I would call and talk to them re availability, in a general sense.

We are headed to Arnold AFS on 1 Oct....relatives in the area. After that, Patrick and MacDill.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote