Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
t1mrtork
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1744
Send a message via MSN to t1mrtork
Does this count?

Does this count? We are remodeling our stick house and have taken everything out right down to the studs and have moved into our 3400 for about the next 4 months. We are both still working and coming home to our camper. I just love living in the camper. Cant wait for the day we can go and do this for real. I would love to do this right now, but I wont do it until we are finacially prepared to be ok if we cant work all the time. So, the tongue in cheek question is does this count as fulltiming and workcamping? Just for alittle while?

t1mrtork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Terry and Barb, your story sound familiar to one we are about to embark on. We sold our stick house and are designing a new one as we speak. We never in a million years thought we would sell our house so fast. Guess I should have asked more for it. But we are looking at staying in the Monty for a month or so possibly while we wait for ours to be built or find something on the market that fits into what we want. So you get a big "YES" from me.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:14 AM   #3
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
I believe that is work-camping. As of June this year we hit the 1 year mark and are quite happy with the decision. Looking forward to the day we can move about the country more.

Dave
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I also vote a big "YES". Dano and I stayed, no, lived in ours down at our lake from when we bought it in September for 9 months as we are remodeling our house and also because the heat was not working. We were able to finish the inside enough and get the new heat/air unit installed in the house before our vacation in May. We did not have 30 amp service at the lake, so we were glad to be finished before we needed the AC!! It took us longer to do it all I think because at heart, we just wanted to stay in the Monty ! I mean, some days we would come home from work and not even go up to the house!! LOL We have now moved back into the house officially and the Monty is up top in the driveway with 30 amp service until the pole barn gets built after the new roof next month. We've been taking her out on weekends. We should be finishing up the house, but we just can't help it! We still sleep out there on occation during the week!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
How about full time work-kamping mostly Good luck and have fun, your going to like it, and when you get done you're probably going to sell the house and going full time full timing!!!Of course if you don't go full timing, but just go part timing, you won't be full timing you'll be part timing full time mostly unlness you full time part time, unless, but if you, i, maybe, ssssssSO CONFUSING!!!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I know ! It's called temporary fulltiming!! LOL

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote