Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
To Keystone! Qualty Control!

Dear Keystone,

First let me commend you on standing behind your warranty, with respect to my Montana. This has been a good thing and I'm appreciative that you have. But from talking to other RV'rs it seems to me that the buyer and the 1 year warranty "is" your quality control. (and other manufactuer's as well) Let the buyer buy and then find out everything you can find that's wrong, within the first year, and then you will cover it. Maybe this is cost effective for you, but it sure is annoying to me.

Anything that has been wrong with my Montana has not been from use or wear and tear, it's been from poor "Quality Control" or lack of "Attention to Detail" in putting the unit together on your part.

I'm sitting here tonight with a unit that zapps or buzzes me with an electical charge if I dare touch any metal, in my bare feet. It took me an entire Saturday to find out the unit is not grounded on the inside.

I have just come from the dealer with a list of warranty work, and now I have the buzz going on. I'll admit some of the work has been on parts you have installed that were faulty do to the manufacutuer of those parts, but some of the work has been due to your plant not paying attention. For example, the major leak in my slide which caused me to grow mushrooms in my bedroom looks like you were out of the "right" trim that day so you just stuck some rubber molding in there and hoped for the best. Didn't work. Became my problem. Another long day of phone calls and another day of taking off work and waiting for the Tech.

Don't get me wrong. I do love my Montana. I know when you started Keystone in 1996 your paid attention to some of the features of what a higher end unit offerend and put it in the Montana line at a lower cost. This was good. But you scarficed somewhere along the way on the mechanics.

My concern is that my one year warranty ends in May and I have had so many problems in this first year, that it scares me what I might be headed for when the warranty time is up, finshed, zilch....

I could understand if you are talking about problems from wear and tear from a lot of use, but I'm talking a few months before things started to cause problems. If I buy a toaster I expect it to make toast for a few years to say the least. If I buy a truck I expect it to get me down the road at least a few years befor I have to deal with the defects.

To another person I would still recommend the Montana. But I would say, "Use it , use it , use it, all you can in the first year".

To Keystone, I would say if you want me to be me your "Qualtiy Control" then at least give me a two year warranty. Give me a lttile more time to plan my trips to the dealer. It costs me to hook up and drive 170 miles to the dealer. I don't get paid when I have to take time off from work to go to the dealer. Your "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" has not be a freebie for me. It has cost me

I know there are a lot of happy Monatana owners out there who have not have the problems I've had. But, Keystone, if you want me to be your "Quality Control" then, please give me a two year warranty. With the hope that I don't have to use it in the second year. The work on my unit, the first year, is getting very time consuming, costly, annoying, and frustrating for me,

bj

2002 2880RL (Miss Montana) towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Edited by - fla native on 04/06/2003 07:41:29 AM

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote