Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
Renots

M.O.C. #23214
2011 Montana 3750fl

Bedroom slides worked fine yesterday during walk thru. Today 1 slide stuck at the top and pushing out at the bottom. It did have a lil freezing rain last night prior to pulling it home. Can anyone render help?

Renots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Since it stuck at the top, it very well could have been ice.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Renots

M.O.C. #23214
Thank you. Turned the heat on and am hoping you are correct. Maybe the heat inside will help. Can’t get into the bedroom until the slide goes out. Any idea how to thaw other than interior heat?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
A ladder and a hair dryer would be all I can think of. One thing I didn't ask, do you have slide toppers? If so I'd go up on the ladder and try to free them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
Renots

M.O.C. #23214
Don’t see how to make a new post. My slide out was pushing out at the bottom and staying in at the top. Have a 2011 3750FL. JUST GOT IT. When I got to looking the slide arm plate had been bent a lot causing the bind. Can not see it unless you look underneath. The cause was from the carpet being balled up when the slides come in. Result was the slide arm bending the flat steel plate that the arm bolts to. Hope this may help someone else. Being fixed at dealers expense. I will buy carpet protectors so that when the opposing slides contract this won’t happen again.