Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
2006 Regional Rally

Ok, here's where we stand for 2006 so far. We have been asked by the MOC administrators to keep our regional rallys 2 to 3 weeks on either side of the National that will be held sometime in September? The exact dates have not been set yet, so we can't plan anything untill we find out from Jeff Rank what dates they have available. There is also the possible we could plan our rally in August, before Labor Day weekend, or even the holiday weekend. It is not too early to be thinking of when we want to do this, we need to get our campgrounds lined up. Remember, the summer months mean that kids will be around, but in the same respect, this may allow some of our members to attend that have children. We will give you more info when we find out more!

Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Well, after camping last week with NO kids around, I will agree that is a perk, but as a parent and a teacher, having some regional get togethers in the summer would be very nice, especially if I can plan for them far in advance. Just remember that more and more schools are back in session by early August.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:50 AM   #3
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Steve and Patti,

Have any idea which camp grounds you are looking at? I remember you mentioning one or two at last years rally.

I'd like to take a look at the web sites and start making plans. Especially if it was held in mid to late August.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dale, we are looking at Tommorow Stars in Springfield Ohio and around the third weekend. I have not got a call back from the campgrounds, probably bacause of holidays, I imagine. This cg has a couple hundred full hookups and we have camped there a lot. They are not listed in Trailer Life since they are an RPI park, but they are open to the public. After this Monday, I will try to contact them again and pass on any info I get. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we were thinking of a trip to Cedar Point ...we could incorporate this into the trip.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Springfield , Ohio is a long way from cedar Point..But if you are coming from NY state it is sort of on your way to Springfield or sort of on your way back to NY state. If you have never been to Cedar point you have got to make the trip..Plenty of good CG's in the area not to mention one ON the park grounds... We are about 1 hour East of Cedar Point and will help out with anyopne who would like to make the side trip.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:50 AM   #7
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
thank you!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:59 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are familiar with Tomorrow stars CG..It is , I believe a All seasons resort CG. We stayed there a couple of years ago for a week.It is a very nice campground. If anyone is a member of All seasons resorts they MAY be able to get some very good rates for the group. You may also look into Buckyeye lake near Columbus, Ohio It is a KOA CG, very nice and can handle a large group.It is difficult to find a nice CG that can handle a large group and you need to get in the reservations early..
Old 12-27-2005, 02:44 AM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we seem to be the type to wait until the last minute with everything! it's not too often that we end up making reservations ahead. sometimes that makes it hard, but with my schedule...that's the way it goes.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:57 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are that way also billyRay and working a 24/7 schedule always made it hard to plan ahead. However in order to get a large group reservation you do need to plan far in advance.You may always be able to get in a couple of campers but 30,40,50 is a different story... Example the campground reservations are already made for our local camping group for the 2006 season (40 units)We always have them firmed up by December for the next year.It may already be to late for us to attend as Helen has to have her first round leave picks for 2006 in by the 15th of Jan and not knowing the dates that would be hard to do and it is unlikely that any prime time would be left by the second round picks..Oh well..makes no difference ..we will go somewhere else at some other time.. Oct 2006 she retires and no more worry about time...