Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 09:40 AM   #141
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
"I'm really getting tired of people deciding that they are going to do whatever, be it taking your RV out, getting the usual group together and golfing, lazing on the beach or name your group.. You do NOT have any right or at least none that I could find in the US Constitution to take it upon yourselves to potentially carry COVID-19."

This is a quote from an earlier post. I respect this persons opinion. I don't necessarily agree in totality but that's OK too.

Here's some perspective. There are 285 Covid deaths in CA as of now. Annually, CA has 6000 influenza deaths. Does anyone care about catching a flu each year as I do?

CA has open state parks and other recreational areas. That's not because these areas are dangerous. It's because they are safe to enjoy if done properly. Whether one travels to them from a stick and brick, or from an RV, it doesn't matter. Travel in itself isn't dangerous. It is close contact and lack of sanitizing that will get you.

It is OK to stay in side a house. It is OK to stay in an RV. It is necessary to practice personal protective precautions wherever we go. IMO, every flu season.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #142
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
The Constitution is not the government giving us rights. Our rights were assumed as stated in the Declaration if Independence. What the constitution does is limit the government from infringing upon those rights. Read the Bill of Rights. It's filled with "Congress shall make no Law" and "Congress shall not".
The Constitution was written by the people through their representatives and adopted by the states.
What we the people have as a responsibility is to promote the general welfare of all of us. An example is not shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater. I believe not taking unnecessary risk of infecting my fellow man with a deadly disease falls into that category. I will do what I need to uphold that responsibility.
Having said that, I will not forfeit my right to criticize government actions that I believe overreach their responsibility and improperly restrict our God given freedoms.
Remember: "The price of security is liberty."

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:51 PM   #143
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
There's really something going on wrong here. Every time I come back to catch up on this specific thread, I read a few lines and end up with a head-ache.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #144
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
The Constitution is not the government giving us rights. Our rights were assumed as stated in the Declaration if Independence. "

Jim, please use as a 'net search term "Purpose of the Declaration of Independence and another for the Constitution. You have them in reverse order on what they do.

These are good places to start:
https://www.revolutionary-war-and-be...ependence.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the...-constitution/
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #145
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Dave,
the discussion was regarding our Constitutional rights, not the purpose of the documents. I am very aware of the need at the time to bring the people into supporting the cause. I was merely pointing out that our rights were already understood to exist, "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
And that the Constitution in the Bill of Rights actually limits the government intrusion on those rights.
"A chief aim of the Constitution as drafted by the Convention was to create a government with enough power to act on a national level, but without so much power that fundamental rights would be at risk." From the link you sent us.
I stand by my statements.
But I don't dispute yours as to purpose.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:35 PM   #146
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The Declaration of Independence did specify “certain inalienable rights ..... life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness”. But that is so broad and vague as to leave it to each person to interpret for himself.

As for the constitution, there were a number of states that would not endorse it because it did not specifically itemize certain rights. They insisted on the Bill of Rights be established before approving the constitution. Even though many of the amendments were written in the negative sense, they still specified certain rights the government could not impose on.

Ah, but these arguments are for the historians.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:35 AM   #147
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Bill it sounds like you are a pretty good historian. We must protect everyone’s rights not just the ones that are politically correct today and we cannot discriminate against any group because next it will be old guys with campers. Not that any of us are old guys.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:03 AM   #148
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hblosser View Post
I just received a letter from Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach. Horry County has mandated all hotels and campgrounds to be closed March 28th through April 30th. Everyone must leave. We had reservations for Easter week, but have rescheduled for August.
The state of Maine just did the same thing. Hotels, Motels and campgrounds. Mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state. So where can someone self-quarantine if all the places are closed. They are using cameras as well as troopers.

This web site statistics and graphs are updated every 8 hours.
https://twitter.com/ContagionTrack
Old 04-06-2020, 08:28 AM   #149
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhftx View Post
The state of Maine just did the same thing. Hotels, Motels and campgrounds. Mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state. So where can someone self-quarantine if all the places are closed. They are using cameras as well as troopers.

This web site statistics and graphs are updated every 8 hours.
https://twitter.com/ContagionTrack

Just saying. If you go to a campground and stay in your camper or stay on your campsite. Isn't that quarantine? Just asking.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #150
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flyer View Post
Just saying. If you go to a campground and stay in your camper or stay on your campsite. Isn't that quarantine? Just asking.
Yes it is. Although some think that because you are in a trailer you must be having fun so therefore taboo.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:48 AM   #151
ncm
Established Member

M.O.C. #25106
Cancelled

We had planned on leaving Orlando towards the end of May going all the way to Maine. I have canceled all our reservations.
ncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:58 AM   #152
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by suny07 View Post
hi guys,

you need to read reports from China, South Korea, Germany.
Its not hard to understand.
No Travel will save us all.
You seeking your enjoyment is putting other lives in danger.

Mike
Unless they are driving through your living room, there is no danger to you. People need to focus on their own actions, rather than the actions of others.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #153
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
At least one thing looks promising. Had to make a run to Walmart this morning for some basic food essentials. The was a lot of toilet paper and paper towels on the shelves. And food shelves were well stocked again. Hopefully those silly people who ran out and bought months worth of those items are seeing how foolish they were and will stop buying and start using.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #154
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
At least one thing looks promising. Had to make a run to Walmart this morning for some basic food essentials. The was a lot of toilet paper and paper towels on the shelves. And food shelves were well stocked again. Hopefully those silly people who ran out and bought months worth of those items are seeing how foolish they were and will stop buying and start using.
Friday our Governor announced Stay Home order starting at 12:01am 4/6 Monday
It was like the bell went off at the start gate of a horse race! All stores were packed, we didn’t go it looked like Black Friday.
Shelves are cleared again.
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #155
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMOTraveler View Post
Friday our Governor announced Stay Home order starting at 12:01am 4/6 Monday
It was like the bell went off at the start gate of a horse race! All stores were packed, we didn’t go it looked like Black Friday.
Shelves are cleared again.
Doesn’t take much to trigger it. I could post on social media that the company making preparation H was closing due to the virus and if enough people shared that post people would go out and buy every tube, or whatever it comes in, available even if they had never had a hemorrhoid in their life.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #156
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flyer View Post

I understand your reasoning, but.......if about 42 or so states are in "shelter in place" with no travel unless essential, like food etc,how do you get to the CG?
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #157
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Doesn’t take much to trigger it. I could post on social media that the company making preparation H was closing due to the virus and if enough people shared that post people would go out and buy every tube, or whatever it comes in, available even if they had never had a hemorrhoid in their life.
I use Preparation H occasionally. No, not for THAT! I get the white, non-oily, no odor type.

You know that commercial on television about all those people who put that cream under their eye bags and the cream draws up the skin and smooths out all the wrinkles flatten out? Well, Preparation H does exactly the same thing. Really! I saw that on YouTube, tried it, and by-golly! Home Run! And it's way, way, way cheaper than that stuff they sell on As-Seen-On-TV!!!

So now, maybe that company has a new motive to stay in business now?
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #158
jrsemrad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21904
Just don’t put it in the same drawer as your toothpaste. My father in law would do that and I had a close call that could have been a problem.
jrsemrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #159
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
My wife decided a few years ago our dog a PBGV needed some preparation H, I doubt know why but he still got some. He put on quite a show. It was great Saturday night entertainment. PBGVs look like something that Walt Disney would have created anyway. Do a Google search for them and you will see what I mean.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 PM   #160
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flyer
"Just saying. If you go to a campground and stay in your camper or stay on your campsite. Isn't that quarantine? Just asking."
Yes. That's quarantine. Many people and places are actually using RVs to quarantine themselves from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl "I understand your reasoning, but.......if about 42 or so states are in "shelter in place" with no travel unless essential, like food etc,how do you get to the CG?"
His RV is his "Shelter in Place". It doesn't matter how it got there.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote