Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
grammavic

M.O.C. #13726
Send a message via MSN to grammavic
tv removal

how do you remove the tv from a 2004 montana

grammavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tom if it's the same as ours was there are two long screws that are holding it in. One is on the side as you go up the steps with a wooden button over the screw head and the other is up into the bottom front of the TV from the shelf that it sits on. You will not believe the length of the screw or why they did not hit something vital in the TV but they didn't. Make sure you have someone there with you when you go to take the TV off the shelf. That sucker is HEAVY and is very awkward to take out and handle yourself.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You don't say what model and I'm gonna assume you have an entertainment center where the TV is mounted in the center and above it there is some cabinetry and below there is either cabinets or a fireplace. If it is not like Rondo's then try what I describe below.

There is probably a screw in the cabinet area below the TV that is screwed in from the bottom to keep the TV in place. This must be removed to slide the TV out of position.

If there is a fireplace below your TV, then there should be four "caps" on the side molding. Pop these caps and you should see some screw heads. Remove the screws and the molding, then slide the fireplace out. Then you look into the new opening and up behind the front edge and you should be able to access the screw head that holds the TV in place from the bottom. Unscrew this and then the TV should be able to slide out the front opening. Be careful because that glass TV tube will be heavy.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
grammavic, check out my TV mod, it is in the first link.. I think.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here is another possibility, the way my '07 3075RL and a friends '08 3295RK is done.
The living room TV in both was mounted to an "L" shaped metal bracket. That bottom of that metal bracket slides into a metal base plate mounted to the bottom of the cabinet and then it latches with a metal catch at the rear of the base plate.
On mine, I have a plastic access panel in the toilet room behind the TV cabinet I can remove and reach in behind the TV and release the latch. TV slides out the front.
On my friends, there is a plastic access panel in the side wall of the pantry beside the TV you can remove and reach in and release the latch. Again TV slides out the front.
No screws to remove in either of ours.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote