Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Mount St. Helen's Visitor Center

Has anyone stopped at the Mount St. Helen's Visitor Center in Silver Lake, WA? I plan on a lunch stop. The WA Parks staff assure me there is RV Parking and the Google Earth also show good parking. Always nice to get the real answer from my MOC friends.

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
It has been awhile since we were there Tim but if I remember correctly, it is a long pull to get to the visitors center... We dropped off the Montana and just drove the truck up.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
Saw your post on Mt St Helen and when it was posted. By coinkydinky, we are in Portland today and have seen that moutain from our daughter's condo. We have been here two weeks and are flying home tomorrow (9/11, ugh).

Our new grandson arrived three weeks ago on Sep 20. Smooth delivery. Owen Everett O'Brien weighed 8 lb 8 oz and now is well over 9 lb.

When are you guys going to be back in Texas?

We are going up to Branson area around the end of the the month for a short trip.
jjparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tim and Susan-- We were just up there three weeks ago and we did see several Class A's up there while we were there but no fivers! We didn't have the Monte with us on this trip. It is quite a trip up to the top, to the Visitor's Center. I think if it were me, I'd do as Helen said and leave the Monte at the bottom in a park and take the TV up there. I'm sure it can be done since the Class A's were there but don't know about the trip back down-- it's quite a haul and pretty good grade all the way! Hey, you guys going to come up to Central Plains Rally next July and join us?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
We will be at the Silver Cove RV Resort Sept 20-24. This is a new resort and looks really good.We will be going up to St Helens during that time. We lived in Chehalis when it blew and we were covered with ash, boy what a mess. We were drilling in Eastern WA at the time and the roads were closed so we couldn't work for a few days.
Looking forward to seeing the old "girl" again. The old Spirit lake was where I learned to water ski, that was cold water too, you learned fast.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Was up there a few years back on the Harley, Like to have froze plum smooth to death. There is room at the top for the rig, however, like others have said, the trip will probably be more enjoyable in just the TV. Good trip, well worth it.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
We went to the Visitor's Center at Silver Lake that is about 5 miles up the road from I-5. Great road but best of all, the parking lot had big parking spaces for at least 40 RVs. We took one since only about 4 rigs were there. Great views of St. Helens. Then it was back to I-5 for travel to the south.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tim and Susan-- That Visitors Center is run by the State of Washington from what we were told but the Visitors Center up near Mt St Helen(about 12 miles or so from the mountain) is a National Park Center. That's the one I was referring to when I jumped in on the thread.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
It is about 30 miles up to Johnston ridge from I-5. Well worth the trip. Didn't see any RVs up there but the road is good. The video is a gotta see and be sure to stay for the end. They ask you to remain in your seats and I am glad we did!
Silvercoveresort resort is nice. The sites were 40 (forty) feet wide. No laundry facilities. We would definitely go back.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote