Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We have a new favorite park

We have discovered the park that we definately will return to and spend time at. Desert Trails RV Park, in Tucson, is in the desert less than 2 miles from the base of the mountains in Tucson Mountain Park. From the friendly, informative greeting we received from the owner upon checkin to the many activities that are available that one may or may not take advantage of, to the close priximity of Tucson and the many attractions of the area, to to the many miles of desert trails leading to Tucson Mtn and Saguaro National Forest, to the pet friendly atmosphere including a large, clean, fenced in dog run, to the many nights of entertainment to.....You get the idea. We love it. We had trouble believing that it was as good as RV Park Reviews said it was but were made into believers quickly. Plenty of room for big rigs, too.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ok Jim, now tell us how you really feel!
Sounds like a great place. Thanks for the info.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good report. We like happy experiences. Thank you.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Try not to be so tentative and tell us what you really think. It sounds like a great place.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
I guess I do get excited when I like something. My business was advertised by word of mouth and I just kinda like to let others know when I like something. Did I tell you it is near......oh, well.There I go again!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #6
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Jim,

While you are there check out the Diamond J RV Park next door. Less activities by much bigger sites. I have been told that Diamond J is a bit cheaper but that might have been winter rate.

We stayed there for three weeks in February 2008 and February 2010.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #7
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Grant. We checked Diamond J out and rates are similar, lots are mostly larger and roads are paved. The two parks would probably would be 1A and 1B. Our preference is because of the treatment we are receiving here from the owners and other guests.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We stayed at Diamond J several years ago. Rates were good and sites were generous but owners were not overly friendly and unavailable a lot of the time. Sites are covered with large gravel which we had trouble walking on. We drove around Desert Trails and decided the next time we are in the area we would stay there.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #9
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

We stayed at Diamond J several years ago. Rates were good and sites were generous but owners were not overly friendly and unavailable a lot of the time. Sites are covered with large gravel which we had trouble walking on. We drove around Desert Trails and decided the next time we are in the area we would stay there.
Happy trails.......................
Hi Sue,

We stayed at Diamond J two years ago when they had the large gravel. They have since added "pea" gravel to the sites. Where the RV actual sits is still the larger gravel but the rest of the site has pea gravel ove the large gravel.

We seldom join in with park activities so had very little contact with owners beyond checking in.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote