Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
Blinker Trouble

The left blinker and brake light on my 2004 Mountaineer won't work. The running light does work. I switched the bulbs (from left to right) and still have the same problem, so i know it's not the bulb.I have cleaned the plugs on both the trailer and the truck, and because the right one works I assume that I have a proper ground. What should I try next?
The lights on the pick-up work just fine.

Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Rex
I see on your signature that you have the same truck as mine except mine is a PSD. The day that I picked up my Montana I had the same problem. The left brake light did not work. I did not know there were separate fuses under the hood for the trailer lights. In the past trucks I have owned have only had one fuse for the brake lights. In my case I had a friends boat trailer plugged into the seven pin connector and when we launched the boat it blew the fuse for the left brake light only. May not be your problem, but worth looking at the fuse panel under the hood.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Rex & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #99
Charlie -
You hit it right on the head. Who would have thought there was another fuse box under the hood, I thought all the fuses were under the dash. A separate fuse for trailer turn/brake light left and another for trailer turn/brake right. I switched the the two 7.5 fuses and my problem is now the right side blinker. I can't thank-you enough for helping me with my problem. Isn't the MOC forum wonderful !!!!
Rex & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Glad I could help....the next question to be answered is why the fuse was blown, maybe it just was weak or you might have to look some more.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Good call Charlie, I also did not know there were seperate fuses. I will log that one in the hard drive for future use. Also agree completely with Rex and Mary. This is a wonderful forum.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Wish I had known this several months ago when I had the same problem towing with our Duramax. Cost me $40 for a guy (he didn't know either) to trace things back to the fuse box. He finally asked me if I had the owner's manual. There was the answer right there - all I had to do was just read it. Duhhh. Mike
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote