Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
For those who have removed Sofa?

I'm in the planning stages of doing a major redo of my interior. I am planning on using the space where my jacknife is now for a new dining table and chairs.

I am curious as to what the carpet area looks like once the 'sofa' is removed. I am not sure if my sofa is bolted to the wall or floor. Will I be looking at a problem area or should I expect no big deal.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:37 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
BJ, if it is a sofabed, ours just was sitting there, NOT attached. I have heard that they screw down the jackknife sofa.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:53 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
BJ the jackknife sofa in our 3280 is screwed to the floor. The carpet underneath is real nice, no trafic! Have fun and let us know how the redo turns out.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
On ours the sofa is just sitting there. No hold downs
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:40 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
What are your plans for the jack knife sofa?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:50 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Glen and Lorraine,

I was hoping someone would make me some kind of offer on it, to go toward the new decorating expenses. I am thinking Best (any) offer and pick it up.

OR...I thought about this...

For Sale: Very large pet bed/settee. Folds out for Fido's guests. Plenty of storage for favorite toys underneath.

PM me if you want to talk about it.

PS: the oak pedestal table and 'two' chairs are on their way out the door too.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours was just sitting there also. When removed, the floor was fully carpeted, just like you'd expect in a stick home. We replaced the couch with a sofabed built for a stickhome. My chair is a lazyboy purchased separately, also.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
Jim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #865
Glen and Lorraine: We would love to have the jack-knife sofa, but Florida is a long way from British Columbia, but we are in Yuma right now, but that is a real stretch. By the way, what color is it.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 AM   #9
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
The color is a bit hard to describe. I know some of the other member's here have posted pictures of their interior's and it is in the same color scheme as mine. It's called "Desert Sunset". It goes well with tan carpet. It has a tan background with a bit of muted grape type color here and there. The tan goes from light to dark throughout.

See what I mean. Maybe someone with this pattern will direct you to one of their pictures.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:30 PM   #10
neighborman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #323
This weekend, the wife and I moved the sofabed to the back of the camper and took one of the recliners and put it where the sofa was, retiring the second recliner to the house. I'm planning to replace the existing recliner with a forest green or wine colored Lazy Boy when I find a good buy on one. We really liked the change- very open look. We took the small table that was between the recliners and placed it between the recliner and the dining room table. We've had the rig for four years now, and wanted a change. Very pleased!
neighborman is offline   Reply With Quote