Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
MNpat
Established Member

M.O.C. #3911
Bought A Monty!

Well, we took the plunge & bought our Monty! We chose the `03 3295RK. Our first trip was to a dog show in Kansas City, MO last week. We sure enjoyed the RV, even though our surroundings were less than desirable! We were parked near a train yard outside the dog show facility in down town Kansas, MO. It was really nice to be able to be right on the show grounds instead of fighting traffic to get to & from a hotel.

It was really hot all weekend. The air conditioner leaked when having the vents open to the air conditioner unit in the living room. Anyone have an idea how to fix that?

MNpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
If you mean that water came from the grill part of the a/c in the living room they I would suspect that your drain on the topside is plugged and not letting the water drain to the roof. You need to go up on the roof (be careful) and check if the drain is open.

By the way nice trailer
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Welcome to another Minnesotian. Seems like there a lot of us that choose the Montana. Guess we're pretty smart people. Good luck to you. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome MNpat to the MOC.I don't know about the leak but you will get lots of answers here.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome and nice setup. Looks great. This is sure the place to find answers to your problems. One we have never had, thank goodness. We are hotter than you are and we have not had problems so it sounds like your A/C isn't draining right.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I think Ronstat is on the right track. Climb up on the roof and find the drain tube where the water should be running out. Follow it back to see if it is pinched shut in some area or if there is something stuck in the end of it causing the water to drain inside the unit. You might have to take the outside cover off to truly find the drain tube.

We will be up in your neck of the woods sometime in September to do a little fall fishing. Don't suppose all those Mosquito’s (Minnesota state birds) will be dead yet by then.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:57 AM   #7
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Nice outfit and welcome to the family. You will not find a more helpful bunch in the world. On that note, let me ask, is thet a F-250? Looks like it is kneeling just a bit. Try some Firestone air assist bags and they will level that load right up. Congradulations and happy traveling.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, MNPat! We sure like our 2003 3295RK.

Do you have the early or late 2003? The late ones have the flat floor in the upstairs area, among other changes, and the early ones, like ours, have a step between bath area and the bed area.

If you have the late 2003 (flat floor), I think some or all of those came with the low profile Penguin version of the AC units. Some of those had that exact leaking problem because of a crack in the drain pan for the AC unit. I think that was the problem, anyhow. Might be worth having the dealer check this if you have the low profile AC unit.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #9
MNpat
Established Member

M.O.C. #3911
Garin1, thanks for the advise on how to level the load! Yes, we presently are hauling with a 250.

sreigle, thanks for the info! We must have the latter model, because the floor area by the bathroom is level with the bedroom. Because we bout the unit used from a dealer that doesn't handle Montanas I don't think we'll get any help dealing with fixing the leak. Might this be a manufature "recall"?
MNpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think I would call Keystone and ask them and tell them you are second owner. I suspect this one may be a mfr fix but don't know that for sure. Then you'll have the info to give your dealer should he try to make that decision without contacting Keystone.

(574) 535-2100 and ask for customer service.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote