Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2006, 07:35 AM   #21
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Carol: Just want to add to your pain. We are leaving for the valley 1n less than 2 weeks. Don't you feel a "little" sorry for us having to be down in that hot weather.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
ohhhh, Bill,

Ya know how to inflict more bleeding, eh??

Don't like to think of myself as a jealous type, God has been good to me, I have many blessings. But, this could put me over the edge!

And, it is snowing today, OKKKK, no blizzard, but there are white flakes out there.

No, I am not whining! HA HA HA

You guys have a safe ride, save me some of those great oranges from your yard!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #23
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We got so excited about the bedroom slide of Jim and Rose's at the rally that we traded TT this last week. We now have a 326FKBS 2005 Mountaineer TT! Unfortunately it is PINK now. I have to agree with Fordzilla that we'll probably have a couple of weekends we can go fall camping yet so I guess the pink stuff isn't that expensive nor a time comsuming job to do over again. Can't wait till next spring!!!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #24
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
CONGRATS on the new baby, and a pink one at that!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #25
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Carol, We're here in Georgia and it doesn't get freezing temps for very long at a time. Although the acorns are really big this year, and they tell me that means it will be a hard winter. (Tend to believe the people who grew up here more than the weather channel! LOL) Do we Have to put in the pink stuff? Is just draining all the water lines, water heater and gray/black tanks good enough?
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #26
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Lisa,

Ohhhh, boy. Now, ya are putting me under the gun.

OKKKK, we feel we can take a couple of cold nights where it drops to about 25 for maybe a couple of hours, and then the temps go right back up. Under those VERY specific conditions, we have not frozen up or had damage. Our experience is that Tana does not freeze real fast, so, if the temps are mild most of the day, with a couple of hours just below freezing, she does ok.

That said, GULP! If it cold at 10 PM, almost near freezing, and it is gonna be a low of 20 to 25, and the forecast for the next day is more 30 to 35 degrees, and maybe overcast, then I start getting right nervous!

You can do several things

1.) Drain all the water, specially the low points

2.) Run the furnace at 45 or lowest setting

3.) Winterize

If the locals are to believed, I might lean towards winterizing. As has been said here a number of times, a few dollars and a hour of your time to prevent a freeze sure beats how many dollars and hours to find and fix a leak cause you did not winterize??? Better to be safe than sorry.

When in doubt turn Tana PINK!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #27
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Carol: Even though I know there are going to be lows in the 30's before we leave, I always drain the water heater and lines while we are sitting here waiting to go. The temp in the coach is set at 45 deg. and the electric heater in the belly in on low. We don't put any water back into the tanks until we are under way for Tx. Then the furnace takes over to keep everything ok when we stop. We usually only have 1 cold night and 1 cool night while on the road. I just noticed the weather in McAllen on my home page. At 7 am. it is 78 deg. with 87% humidity. I am sweating thinking about it. MORE PAIN!!!!
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:59 AM   #28
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Geesh Bill, rubbin it in much?? HA HA HA

And to add more pain to that insult, there is frost on the Satellite this AM, a glaze of ice on the pond and I had to gain access to the internet via the house phone and it is painfully slow. ("S" is on the roof, and NO, Al is NOT going up there to do a thing about it, no more house roofs for this guy!)

Two more months, we can leave in 2 more months, but, who is counting??
Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #29
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Carol, Just a reminder: don't forget to get in contact via email when you start out to Texas. Unless we are away on a ski trip we will have a place for you to rest along the way.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #30
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
David and Shirley,

HAVE not forgotten. We have revisited our travel plans and departure attack plans, and have come up with some new ideas. One is that we will be leaving here mid day, instead of real early in the AM, we found a campground about 120 miles from here where we will be resting the first night. Another one is that we will run hard from there till we get into Arkansas, and then we are gonna slow down and spend a few days here and there.

Then again, much will depend on how the weather is here and along the way, we will need 3 full days of reasonable weather to pull off this plan.

So, keyword: WATCH the weather from December 27th forward! HA HA

Cheers,