Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 AM   #1
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Halloween

We just got done having Trick-or-Treat with the campground at one of our local campgrounds and the little pink witch I won at the rally in Goshen sat in the kitchen window and watched everyone walk by. Was a fun weekend we estimated about a thousand kids came by to see me dressed up in a big chicken suit and my wife dressed up as the bear in the big blue house. This was the second year for the trick or treat with the campers and there was a lot more people getting into it this year. Nearly everyone had lights all around there camper in orange and purple. Many had things stuck in the ground all around there campsite, and a few even had blow up things for the kids to walk thru. I even seen a dozen or so other adults dressed up in full costumes this year. Last year there was only 72 campers and we had 2 spots left. This year we almost all the sites full by Thursday and had to turn away over a dozen campers because it was packed.

I never thought "theme" camping would be so much fun. But man it is a blast seeing all the kids and providing a safe place for them to go out and walk without worrying about cars driving by. I am definitely going shopping after Halloween for more stuff.

Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe we should start something like that at Colorado Springs where we go close to home. I have all kinds of ideas for costumes.

Did you get any pictures in your chicken costumes? Would you share it with us? Like to see it.

Halloween is my favorite holiday!!! I like the costumes, the decorations and everything about it is fun.

And my birthday is celebrated on Halloween.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 AM   #3
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Here are the pics of Melinda and I in our costumes. Our daughter had to lead us around as it is hard to see other than what is directly in front of you when all dressed up. Let the flaming begin!

Super chicken has good taste and walks out of a Montana

Jessica our 17 year old daughter wanted to move in with the neighbors after she seen mom and dad in costumes.

But after a while she was ok with having a chicken and bear for parents.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Oh that is funny! Love it!
We will post our costumes after Halloween.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Love the costumes! Did you get them at the Halloween shop in Goshen you were telling us about?
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
No we promoted Chicken at our store one year and just kept the costume for future use. And Melinda ordered the bear in the big blue house costume from Disney a few years ago. I love to dress up and have fun with the kids. Some are afraid of you and others think it's cool and want there picture taken with you. We stood outside by the line up for candy and gave all the kids high 5's and shook hands with some of them. It was just neat to see all the kids having a good time and the parents feeling safe letting there kids walk around.