Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Can't seem to find......

I know this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find any information in a search. We are wanting to put a washer/dryer in our new trailer. Someone mentioned having a Whirlpool washer with the GE spacemaker dryer. If you have used these, or another kind that you are happy with, we would be grateful for any input. We would prefer not to use an all-in-one unit.
Thanks for the help.

therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Gene, we don't have a W/D yet, but one thing you might look for in the washer is the rpm of spin. Someone a while ago posted a spin rate to look for in a RV washer - can't remember now what it was. But it makes a HUGE difference in drying time, which is a notorious problem with RV 110v dryers.

Hopefully, that person - or someone else who remembers - will be along shortly.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Have a stacked Kenmore washer and dryer. It is about the same as an efficiency apartment unit. Washes a decent sized load and drys quickly enough. We are well satisfied.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Stiles, do you remember what the washer RPM speed was that someone posted?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:29 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours are made by Whirlpool but are branded "Crosley". It is a stack. Unlike some brands we can run both washer and dryer at the same time, along with the air conditioner (and can do all that on a 30 amp connection). Ours does not vibrate the rig. In fact you cannot feel them at all unless standing barefoot right next to the washer/dryer closet and then can just barely feel it.

This brand is what our dealer had access to and what he installs frequently. Ours are almost four years old and have been used for all our laundry needs for the past 38 months of fulltiming. The exception is the bedspread is too big for it and needs to go to a large commercial washer.

Ours have been flawless, needing no kind of maintenance or repair at all. One thing I like is if it needs service I can take the rig to any authorized Whirlpool service facility.

There are other good brands out there, too, but this is what we are familiar with. And very happy with the job they do.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have the kenmore stack units. We can wash and dry at same time. Can use anything in trailer while doing this too. Don put another circuit in for that and another electrical cord on washer dryer.
They did share one cord. Now they have two and are plugged in separate places. We are pleased.

Tried to find the kind like Sreigle has but dealers here, said they could not get them. I know they are available. The dealers here probably wanted to sell us the units they had on hand.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
We have the Majestic stackables and are well pleased with them. Easy to keep up with the laundry. We don't get much vibration if the Monty is stabilized well................Les
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Thank you all for your input. Dave and Cheryl, I believe the rpm is 1200, and that is the speed in the Whirlpool washer we found.
Steve, would sure love to know more about your washer/dryer set-up. Can't find it on the Whirlpool website. I don't think we have Crosley here.
Thanks again.
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Try http://www.crosley.com then washers and dryers then scroll down to the bottom. I don't know what model they have but hope this helps you out. I'm thinking of adding a washer and dryer also. Hopefully they will be along and let us know what model they have.

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We have the majestic stackable also. Love it. Had the dealer install it and have never had any trouble with it. It washes plenty and dry's at the same time. So that is all we needed...I can't remember how much it was but I remember I didn't think the price was that bad.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
"Conservator by Crosley" is what they say on them. The manual says Crosley by Whirlpool or something like that. Here's the model numbers for ours. We bought these four years ago so models may have changed. Somebody asked about the model numbers a year or so ago and I saved the info on my laptop. I can't believe I managed to find it but here is what I posted at that time...

washer: crosley by whirlpool, Unit says Conervator by Crosley. Sticker says "Crosley". model=CEDC3925JQ0
dryer: crosley by whirlpool. unit says Conservator by Crosley. Sticker says "Crosley". model=CAWC529JQ0

If you click on the link in my signature, then click on the "Our Home" there's a picture of them on that page. Not a real good picture but gives you an idea. The dealer also bought the installation rack from the same Whirlpool dealer. I think they are apartment models. Be sure you get the 110v dryer, not the 220v.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #12
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
We have the splendide washer/dryer and until I had the stabilizers put on it shook the rig in the spin cycle, but Carol would prefer the stackable. Too late now,another executive decision down the tubes !

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote