Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
White Slide on Frig Fins

We are experiencing hot weather and having trouble keep the frig cold enough. I have seen the discussion here on the white slide on the fins. Which way is coldest - up or down. I cannot find anything in the user manual (Dometic's). Our unit was made in 2003.
Happy trails..........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Side the white slide to the top for cold and to the bottom for warmer. Think of the U.S. and it'll be easier to remember.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I was have similar problems, so I kept turning the temp up. Moved the slide up with out much improvement. Turned the temp down on the buttons to two, cooling real good now. Go figure.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
IAMontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #9670
You did not mention wether your fridge is in a slide out or not. but here is some info for you if the fridge is in a slide out check and make sure the fan in the back is working properly. A nother question I have is have you recently put any hot food or soda beer or any above room temp. items in the fridge? If you have you could have created the cooling problem when you did. Also in it is very important to get in and out of the fridge as quick as possibile for every minute the door is open it takes 1 hour to recover 1 degree. so if you open the door to check the temp inside and you look for two minutes and the fridge droped 3 degrees it will take 3 hours to recover just the 3 degrees it lost while the door was open. To answer your question move the thermister slide up for colder temp. and keep that area clear so it can read temp more clearly. Sorry for the long post.
IAMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yes, up for colder. Warm air rises. Putting that slider (it's essentially a thermostat) up into the warmer air triggers it to start cooling sooner.

If you are in humid conditions, is the humidity switch turned on? That's the one inside the door along the upper edge of the frame where the door closes into. I think it's the freezer door you open if I recall.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote