Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
thor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6133
vacation in arizona

hi everyone.question.when is the best time to be in yuma or quartzside .for all the fleamarkets?

thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
If you go to the North America MOC/ Western Region and see when they have their get together there are Flea Markets, Rock and Gem shows,and RV shows going on.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
Anytime from late October on till Spring in Yuma, they have two at least
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #4
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by thor

hi everyone.question.when is the best time to be in yuma or quartzside .for all the fleamarkets?
We spend part of our winter in Arizona every year.

The Quartzsite RV Show is January 16-24, 2010, this year.

Surprising, the Quartzsite Rally is at the same time...how about you signing up? We really like MOC members at our Quartzsite Rally.

This is the ultimate RV Park, no rules, no events, no cost, just friends.......you are cordially invited!

BTW, there are only 120 days until the 2010 Quartzsite MOC Rally!

Yuma also has a great flea market, it is there most of the winter and into spring. Sorry, I don't know the dates.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Are you thinking of spending the winter or just staying for a vacation like a month or so? If your going to be there for the winter, I would agree with Blarkmans suggestion.

But...if your only planning on being there for a short stay, I'd say, first go to Quartzsite for the "Big Event Tent" & gem show they have every year, Robbie has already given the dates for that. Then I would go to Yuma, as it will be warming up again in February. February is also the busiest time of year for "Snowbirds" there, so there are at least 1 or 2 Craft-shows going on every week and there are also 2 very large Fleamarkets open in the area.

I believe the Flemarkets open sometime in October and close down for the season in May.

By the way when you do go, give us a jingle, we'd like to meet up with you and say hi, as we live in Yuma in the wintertime. we will be there this year the first of Oct. to June. See you there!

Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
The flea market on 4th opens earlier and the one on 32 ave usually is open the first of Nov, I prefer the produce at the 4th one, it is closer and I feel it has better selection, my opinion. As previouly stated Jan-Mar are the busiest and most expensive. There usually are spaces available that time, a dog may be a problem as not all parks accept them. We stay at Mesa Verd and yes there are lots of Canadian there, we even have a few from Ontario!!
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote