Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Amazing How Much Junk Fits In A Monty Basement

I was cleaning out the basement of the monty today and was amazed at how much stuff fits underneath ..... some pictures.

How does all that fit in there? and it only 3/4's full.
What's in your basement ?

JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Unbelievable!!! John it looks like you deleated 800 lbs off the pin weight.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
That's amazing how much you can actually get inside the basement.

In the top picture, right side on top of the two storage boxes, what is the appliance with power cord over the top of it?

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Don,

It's an Ice maker. Makes 12 Ice cubes every 7 minutes
We were gone for 4 weeks this (late) June & July. the darn thing just about paid for itself. Ice at $ 3.00 per bag... it doesn't take long
I was inspired by Brad, so course up here in Canada it is always 6 months after something hits the U.S. market, until we see it.
Wish it was a little lighter, but really works well.

J&D
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
That is amazing. You have a nice yard.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It doesn't take long to accumulate a lot of "stuff". I was totally blown away when I had to clean out the basement of the old rig. I had "stuff" in there I had totally forgotten about. Before putting the "stuff" in the new rig I trimmed out a lot of unnecessary "stuff" and I know there is still "stuff" in that basement that I don't need. I swear it multiplies two fold each month.

I guess it just runs in my genes. I go on a diet and I GAIN weight. I put Monty on a diet and he GAINS weight. What's That About?????
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:44 AM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Amazing is correct. We had the Cambridge full, and of course when you first start everything you see other have you think well thats something I need. After 25,000 miles we went thru the basement and took out the stuff we didn't use and got rid of it. We now have just two bike's and air compressor and two Dishes for the Cable TV and the Satellite dish for the computer. We also have extra connections for the sewer and water hoses.

Made a lot of difference in pin weight and its a lot easier to get in and out the things you need. We were like Dave and Victoria when we got the Cambridge with all the storage we though we had to fill it up. That was a mistake. The word is SIMPLIFY and we try to remember and not buy stuff we don't need or use. We are just finishing out new stick house and Delaine designed it to were there is no waste space. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My problem is that I have many tool boxes, some building supplies and my boxes of wind toys. I need a trailer......
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
John, that is a lot of stuff.

Ozz, after seeing yours in Branson I think you need a bigger basement.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
I'd really be afraid to see what all we have in there. I know that all of our deck stuff minus the grills fit into the basement, plus a lot of the knick knacks we have inside goes in there when we move.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That is amazing to see when it's all spread out like that! I remember my first TT only had a small cabinet that extended under the booth seat, and most of that was hitch equipment. Wonder how I ever survived without all the other stuff I have now!!

I shared ice with a neighbor the other day to make a bloody mary. He saw me grabbing it out of the basement with the little scooper and was intrigued. I of course had to tell him it only uses perrier water for making ice.

Beautiful landscaping John - seems sad to see a for sale sign there .
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:53 AM   #12
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Not sure the basement on the Mountaineer is that big, but we manage to haul lots of stuff. While in Marksville, LA recently, I had the doors open, and this guy walks by and says, "didn't leave much at home did you". I replied, "this is home". He proceeded to tell me he would love to go full time, but wifey wouldn't hear of it.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #13
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Brad,
Not too worry, while we were away for the last month we bought some land in Campbell River on Vancouver Island.

http://www.campbellriverbc.net/

My DW figured if I was retired she would find me something to do..... build a new house .

Will,
My wife is the same, loves to go RVing, as long as she can come home to her stick house again..... and now I guess it will be a bigger one, and now the trailer can be parked in the back yard of the house instead of in the front driveway. What's OK, one last kick at the cat, as they say. Looking forward to it.

J&D
Old 07-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #14
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Wow, now that you've cleaned your basement out, can I store some of my stuff in there?
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:00 AM   #15
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Amazing what can come out of an RV. When we moved from a Diesel Pusher to the Mountaineer we couldn't believe what we had. 3 pick up trucks loads including filling the back seat.
With all the storage we find things in the Mountaineer that we forgot about. I wished we would have weight all 3 truck loads!!!
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #16
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Looks like a gorgeous area John. Just guessing, but that might mean the Monty gets cozy indoor storage at the new house?
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
On this long trip I took several things out that we wouldn't be needing. I will think long and hard before they go back into the basement.

I would love one of the ice machines.... does anyone know how much they weigh and how many amps they use.

You have a beautiful yard...good luck with the sale of your house.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #18
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The ice machines vary depending on their construction, ours is stainless steel exterior and I would guestimate the weight at about 40 pounds. There are plastic exterior units that are lighter that are available also. I assure you, when you get the ice maker, you will never be without one again. I think it is the single most valuable thing that we put in the Monty. Ours runs constantly whether we are on 30 amps or 50 amps. The label on ours says 2.3 amps - priceless.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote