Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
2007 Montana recall

Keystone RV is recalling 995 MY 2007 Big Sky, Challenger, Everest, Montana, Mountaineer and Sprinter fifth wheel travel trailers built with 16" steel wheels. These wheels may leak at the valve stem during inflation or when checking the air pressure due to improper seating of the valve stem. Some models have aluminum wheels with a steel spare and only the spare is affected. Indication of the defect occurs when applying sideways pressure to the valve stem (such as checking the tire pressure). Air will leak through the valve hole in the rim. Continuing to pull a vehicle with improperly inflated tires will result in poor vehicle handling and increased risk of property damage and a vehicle crash could occur if the tire fails as a result of under-inflation. Dealers will replace the snap-in valve stem with a bolt-in valve stem. The recall is expected to begin during July 2007. 07V-286.

Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Has anyone contacted Keystone to see if we can take our rigs into a regular tire shop to have this recall taken care of? I would much rather have a tire professional do the "demount-remount" work on good equipment. Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
There is another thread on this subject dated July 16 which may offer addditional info. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the earlier thread when I posted my note. However, I haven't heard that Montana is authorizing these warranty repairs anywhere other than at Montana dealers. They may be but I haven't heard about it.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
jerrygering
Established Member

M.O.C. #7210
I read that the steel rims were made in China. I am not a fan of China merchandise, especially when it carries my home on it. How expensive are aluminum rims, and are they made in China.?
jerrygering is offline   Reply With Quote