Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #21
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Easiest way to tell, if the key comes out, battery is not connected. Turn the key clockwise to connect the battery and key cannot be removed.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #22
gkonney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19870
We bought a (new leftover) 2016 3000RE Legacy Version back in May and I always turned the "Keyed" battery switch OFF when we put it back in storage. Most recently when we come back to hook-up and travel the battery is stone dead for some reason. I agree that there are several small drains that do add up. It sounds like all of the Dealers throw in a cheap Interstate RV/Marine battery just to get them off their lots.
I plan to add 4 six volts in a better vented Box with a better Positive Disconnect. I will also add an appropriate Inverter, Solar Controller and some Panels on the roof in the Spring. We will also make accommodations for a future Generator as well. Any experienced and helpful thoughts or guidelines on these upcoming modifications would be greatly appreciated.
BTW...we attended our first Rally this year and had a blast. We had several major issues that the Factory Tech's helped us address and when I asked them if I could get wiring and plumbing schematics for our Rig they both looked at each other and laughed. So I guess it is based on which day of the week it was made on. We understand that we are pulling our Home down some pretty lousy roads at times and things will eventually break. It is almost laughable at times when we pull over and climb in!
I am glad that I have had several Boats and am a pretty handy Guy.
Thanks!
You can follow us at: https://campingkonneys.wordpress.com/
gkonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #23
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Greg,

I swapped batteries right away installing 4 6 volt golf cart ones. Next comes the inverter and solar. I will installed a simple battery disconnect when I put in the inverter. As you have noted the current battery switch still leaves several things hot.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote