Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Rio Grande Snowbirds

We are retiring in a few years and would like to travel during winter months. We are looking very seriously at Texas, since our kids and grandkids are now living in San Angelo. We plan to visit them for a few weeks to a month in November and then head south for the winter. We are trying to decide if it would be better to be on the coast or in the valley. I'm sure we will try both! I'm really drawn to the Rio Grande because I've been reading your forum and you guys sound like you're having a great time and really have a nice group of people. I am curious as to how cold it gets during the day and at night, on average. I know we can look this up, but I also would like to know if it is a dry temperature. We also wonder what attracts you to this area in particular. We don't want to wish our lives away, but we can't wait to go there! Unfortunately, we can't take more than a week at a time right now for vacations, so traveling there will have to wait until our reirement. It is very cold here in Upstate NY in the winter!!! We will be reading your forum a lot this winter and dreaming.

Nita and Al
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote