Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2021, 09:45 AM   #21
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Both of us got both shots. Sore arm was about it for us. It drives Joyce nuts because I like to tell folks that I couldn't feel the last two fingers on my left hand since I had the second shot. It's not a lie, I can't. Her issue is that I couldn't feel them for the last ten years, but that doesn't change the fact that I couldn't feel them after I got the shot
Oh I am going to have fun with this

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #22
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Well as I write this, I am in my 6th day of having Covid. I actually thought I only had a slight head cold and out of caution went to get tested because we had a busy weekend with family and friends planned. I was shocked I came back positive. I do not have a fever, shortness of breath, fatigue or headache. Just mild head congestion. So weird. I have no idea how I contracted it either. My wife had Covid back during Christmas time, and I was in the same room the entire time with her and never caught it. Go figure. She is a school teacher and has had her first shot last week. She had a mild temperature for 24 hours and that was it. Stay healthy everyone.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:51 PM   #23
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
This is one strange disease. People get it and don’t know they have it or don’t know how they got it and then some can be around some who has it and not get sick.

Best of luck to you and I hope you recover quickly.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #24
dhuhn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
My wife and I got both our shot (moderna) first shot no side affects, second shot both of us felt slight tired and sore arms , i also had chills lasted less than a day. Both of us feel back to normal now. We feel a small price to pay to be vaccinated and being protected from COVID

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #25
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
Great news! I got mine in Dec and Jan and wife got hers in Jan and Feb. Ready to hit the road!
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:46 PM   #26
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I've heard that with a vax and you get sick the effects will be milder. In the case of covid, some folks have it and don't know it or have very mild symptoms. How can they say the effects will be milder when everyone's reaction is different? There is now way to quantify it unless the same person is exposed both with and without having a vax. Even then the results may not be definitive.

The results are by controlled test groups. Give 5,000 people the vaccine and another 5,000 a placebo and compare the two groups at the end of a trial period. The comparisons of those in each group who did not get the virus, those who got it but no symptoms, those who got it with mild symptoms, those who developed a serious illness, and those who died gives a good idea of how effective that vaccine is.

Just got word that a casual neighbor 3 houses away recently died from covid. Older guy but I never knew of any health issues.

We got our J&J shot last Saturday. Other than a little sore arm neither of us had any other issues. And don’t have to worry about a 2nd shot.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #27
Mr Mustang
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
The results are by controlled test groups. Give 5,000 people the vaccine and another 5,000 a placebo and compare the two groups at the end of a trial period. The comparisons of those in each group who did not get the virus, those who got it but no symptoms, those who got it with mild symptoms, those who developed a serious illness, and those who died gives a good idea of how effective that vaccine is.

Just got word that a casual neighbor 3 houses away recently died from covid. Older guy but I never knew of any health issues.

We got our J&J shot last Saturday. Other than a little sore arm neither of us had any other issues. And don’t have to worry about a 2nd shot.

We got our shot last Wednesday J&J. We also Had no issues my wife didn't even have a sore arm. She thought maybe her syringe was empty, she was looking forward to feeling something just to reassure herself of getting the vaccine!
Looking forward to getting on the road again it's been 17 months 👎🏻👎🏻☮✌🏻️
Mr Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:05 PM   #28
Pops8
Established Member

M.O.C. #21706
Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I hear people say they won’t get the shot. There have been 900 people per million in Va die from this disease and 8 die per million die from the shot and most of them were in long term care. I think I’ll get in the 8 per million group.
Lynwood
I would rather be in the 999,992/million group myself.
Just saying. 😎
Pops8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:09 PM   #29
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
I have had the virus and both shots - survived both groups. The virus was much worse than the shots.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #30
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
We returned to the US late Sunday night after 4 months in central Mexico. Bofus got our first shot Tuesday. I had a sore triceps after 10 hours. Wife had sore triceps and shoulder after 1 hour. No biggie!
What is nice about ANY of the vaccines is they are all 100% effective for keeping you from hospitalization or death! At least that is what the CDC is saying!
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:51 PM   #31
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
If you are having trouble talking the Covid vaccine do a Google search for mRNA vaccine. Yes this particular one hasn’t been out but a few months but these vaccines aren’t new. They are used to treat disease from COVID to cancer. You might wont to get in the 8 in a million group. They are pretty remarkable.
Lynwood
Old 03-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #32
Clark Anklam
Established Member

M.O.C. #23192
Tell that to Hank Aaron and Marvin Hagler!
Clark Anklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #33
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:

Only problem with a test study like above is you have NO IDEA how many were actually exposed to the virus. I seriously doubt they intentionally exposed people so the test is valid, either. You could perhaps get a general idea assuming out of 5000 people they would have the same exposure rate, but you don't really know.
And for those who don't mask up later this year, why do you care? If you have a shot and they don't, that is their problem, right? If the shots are effective, you are protected. If not, then we are going to have this virus around for a long time.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:52 AM   #34
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We got both shots early on with no side effects at all. We get a flu shot every year this a flu it is covered by our insurance.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #35
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
After getting the shot a week ago when I go somewhere it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m never worried about getting sick. It’s a really nice feeling.
Finally
Lynwood
Old 03-18-2021, 06:57 PM   #36
DaveS1949

M.O.C. #22221
Wife and I had Covid last Nov. with mine like a head cold, hers the same with a low fever. We have gotten the first Moderna shot ( sore for a couple days ) and get the second in April. She has COPD and is pretty cautious. Covid was verified by testing. I donated blood platelets and still had antibodies present before getting the vaccine.
DaveS1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:01 AM   #37
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:

I get how clinical trials run their course. What they can't quantify is how the affects of covid would be less if you had a vax. There is no way to determine how severe your symptoms will be with or without a shot.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #38
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I get how clinical trials run their course. What they can't quantify is how the affects of covid would be less if you had a vax. There is no way to determine how severe your symptoms will be with or without a shot.
It is just a matter of comparisons between the group receiving the vaccine and the group receiving a placebo. If the vaccinated group had far fewer people with severe symptoms than the group receiving the placebo, then it is pretty good proof that the vaccine reduced the severity of the virus. And in the trials, at least for J&J and I think the others as well, the vaccine was 100% effective against required hospitalization and death! That is a telling statistic.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:01 AM   #39
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We are now up to a 100M doses and counting. And that too is a telling statistic.
Lynwood
Old 03-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #40
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Some interesting things. US death rate has been increasing for a decade as the population is aging. Rate for 2020 increased at a lower rate than the previous couple years. Perhaps the 500,000 deaths just supplanted other deaths. BTW, what ever happed to the flu? Seems no one has had it this year. Hmmm.
Definitely not saying this is a hoax. I know friends that had it bad and a couple that died so I know it's real. It just seems we're not getting the whole truth or they just don't know the real numbers.
Anyway DW and I both got our second shot on 3/2 in SC. They are running a very smooth and effective program. We had no ill effects. One city got a manager from Chick-fil-a to help with traffic flow at a drive through location.
IMHO there will likely be urban legends about this pandemic for the next 50 years.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote