Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #1
Bladescb
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Epsom
Posts: 16
M.O.C. #29195
Question RV Air Admittance Valve?

Where is the air admittance valve located for the bathroom sink? Found the one on the kitchen sink but not the bathroom sink. We are getting and awful sewer smell in the bathroom sink when brushing our teeth and when we open the sink cabinet door!

It is a 2016 Montana 3710FL.
 
Bladescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team
 
Carl n Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carmichael - CA
Posts: 5,726
M.O.C. #4831
Not having a FL model, I am guessing here, but I don't believe you have an air admittance valve in the bathroom sink. I believe there is a standard P trap and vent stack line in the wall. I could be wrong, I have been before.

More likely is the common problem of being prepped for a washer/dryer close by and hot having them. The water supply lines for the washer/dryer need to be flushed periodically as they can develop "skunky" water which you will smell at the sink.
__________________
Carl (n Susan)
There is more to life than fuel mileage.
2012 Montana 3700RL Big Sky Package towed by a 2015 Ford F350 6.7L PSD 4WD CC LWB

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
Bladescb
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Epsom
Posts: 16
M.O.C. #29195
I think you are correct sir! I have opened every screwed on panel and fake panel and there is definitely no air admittance valve in the bathroom. The cabinet that contains the washer hook-up (we do not have a washer) does go directly to the bathroom connection. Going to run some fresh water down the washer drain and see if that helps. Otherwise I may just add an air admittance valve on top of the washer drain.
Bladescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:29 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team
 
Carl n Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carmichael - CA
Posts: 5,726
M.O.C. #4831
Open both the hot and cold water lines that feed the washer. Obviously with a hose connected to the lines and the drain and flush out the stagnate water lurking there.

Some cap the lines underneath if you never plan to have a washer.
__________________
Carl (n Susan)
There is more to life than fuel mileage.
2012 Montana 3700RL Big Sky Package towed by a 2015 Ford F350 6.7L PSD 4WD CC LWB

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #5
Arkware
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mena
Posts: 424
M.O.C. #17723
Just a thought, is the black tank flush back-flow valve under the sink in that model?
__________________
Ron & Rhonda
2021 3230CK Montana Legacy w/ Super SolarFlex
(old rig) 2015 Montana 3611RL 8K I.S., Disk Brakes, Sailun Tires
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Arkware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #6
PhilandRudee
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Custer
Posts: 20
M.O.C. #25562
I have a 2012 3750FL and have the valve on both sinks. In the bathroom it is inside and towards the back of the vanity behind and down stream from the "P" trap. It is on a vertical PVC "extension". I would imagine if you don't see something like that then you don't have it and likely don't need it. Mine was doing the same thing .....pee yew ....and my replacement valve just arrived from Amazon so will get it installed later today.
__________________
Phil and Rudee
2012 3750FL Hickory Ed.
2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab
PhilandRudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:03 PM   #7
PhilandRudee
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Custer
Posts: 20
M.O.C. #25562
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilandRudee View Post
I have a 2012 3750FL and have the valve on both sinks. In the bathroom it is inside and towards the back of the vanity behind and down stream from the "P" trap. It is on a vertical PVC "extension". I would imagine if you don't see something like that then you don't have it and likely don't need it. Mine was doing the same thing .....pee yew ....and my replacement valve just arrived from Amazon so will get it installed later today.
Update: I installed the new valves and it has taken care of the odor issue. Now we can run the vent fans again!
__________________
Phil and Rudee
2012 3750FL Hickory Ed.
2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab
PhilandRudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:04 PM   #8
Bladescb
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Epsom
Posts: 16
M.O.C. #29195
Well, after looking in every nook & cranny, some things were found. Only found one air remittance valve on the kitchen sink. Not one one the bathroom sink. There was a Hepvo Waterless Waste valve on the washer drain hidden in the wall behind a panel under the bathroom vanity We do not use the washer hook-up so I put an air remittance valve on the washer waste water drain. Still have a slight smell in the bathroom, especially in the morning! Next move is replacing the bathroom sink P-trap with a Hepvo unit. Waiting for it to be delivered

This is the item: https://www.amazon.com/Wavin-BV1B-UB...95483991&psc=1
Bladescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:51 PM   #9
jimcol
Montana Master
 
jimcol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 2,364
M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladescb View Post
Well, after looking in every nook & cranny, some things were found. Only found one air remittance valve on the kitchen sink. Not one one the bathroom sink. There was a Hepvo Waterless Waste valve on the washer drain hidden in the wall behind a panel under the bathroom vanity We do not use the washer hook-up so I put an air remittance valve on the washer waste water drain. Still have a slight smell in the bathroom, especially in the morning! Next move is replacing the bathroom sink P-trap with a Hepvo unit. Waiting for it to be delivered

This is the item: https://www.amazon.com/Wavin-BV1B-UB...95483991&psc=1
Don't know a lot about Hepo except what I have read on this forum. From what I have gleaned I would never change a tried and proven P-Trap (just add water) for these trouble laden Hepo's. JMHO
__________________
2006 3000RK
2009 Ram 2500
jimcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:04 AM   #10
Frank64
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Denver
Posts: 99
M.O.C. #24370
Air Admittance Valve

I have the 3791rd with the same issue - skunky smell in the bathroom sink . Carl n Susan are correct in suggesting to hook up drain line to the hot and cold water lines and flush them out. This will eliminate the smell for awhile
Frank64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:44 PM   #11
Bladescb
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Epsom
Posts: 16
M.O.C. #29195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank64 View Post
I have the 3791rd with the same issue - skunky smell in the bathroom sink . Carl n Susan are correct in suggesting to hook up drain line to the hot and cold water lines and flush them out. This will eliminate the smell for awhile
I did run the hot and cold for the washer right into the washer drain for a while. I also noticed that I hadn't dumped the tanks in five days and it was time. But we hadn't noticed the awful smell. I dumped today and later in the day the DW said she had the awful smell in the bathroom again. I think next I will take the magic wand device that connects to a hose and put it straight down the toilet in case there are some lingering, stuck poop on the bottom of the tank that the the in-tank sprayer is missing.
__________________

2016 Montana 3710FL
2018 Ford F350 SRW
Bladescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.