Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
captcaveman

M.O.C. #28663
Water Pump

My water pump sounds like its going to blow up! Has anyone found a fix for the noise like some sort of rubber mounting or ???

captcaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:14 AM   #2
Wisconsin Retiree
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28036
When I got my 2019 the pump was exceptionally loud. I opened up the basement wall and viewed the mount. Hard mounted to floor, no padding underneath and only held down with 2 screws. I put a rubber 1/2 inch base under the pump and properly secured it with 4 screws. I then put foam pipe rap around all my PEX lines to secure them from rattling together. They do sell an anti rattle kit which consists of more flexible hoses that come off the pump. I did not do that but my time spent wrapping and securing hoses and pipes reduced my pump noise by a guess of 75%. I am much happier.
Old 07-17-2021, 08:24 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Over the years I've tried it all and the padding under the pump is the only thing that made any noticible difference and even that wasn't as much as I'd hoped for.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote