Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2006, 07:49 AM   #21
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
My Mounty has an outlet on the door side under the awning. Like dannyl said, must depend on which model you have. We have only taken our Mounty out once on a shakedown trip. Found a few little cosmetic issues that I have alreay fixed but overall we are more than pleased with the rig. I installed a blank tank washer last weekend (wish these were standard) so now we are ready for our two week trip to Yellowstone in June.

AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:42 PM   #22
Amps
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3430
We have a 2004 Mountaineer 297RKS and there is an outlet on the door side near the HWT. Very usefull to have one that side whre it is mostly needed.
Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:02 AM   #23
tcorbitt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5799
After shopping between the Montana and Mountaineer, we decided on the Montaineer. Floor plan was the deciding factor for us (34PHT, rear bunk house). In addition to the points others have made, it appeared to us that the Mountianeer line was marketed more toward families with kids. More beds, private bathrooms, loads of storage, a bit less glitz (steel wheels, no chrome for ex, no fireplaces or WD hookups) and generally lower priced. If we were traveling without kids, the rear living room, fireplaces, and WD hookups offered in the Montana vs. the Mountianeer bunk house would have won us over.

RE: Outlets, Our Mountianeer came with a 110V GFI in the basement as standard equipment. Great place to keep the rechargables plugged in...
tcorbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #24
Montana_5197
Established Member

M.O.C. #5197
We purchased our Montana 3650 RK two years ago. Our first choice was a Mountainer but , after a phone call to the factory, we learned that the mountainer was built as follows: aluminium on the side, wood on the top and the floor. The Montana was aluminium all around. That is why we purchased a Montana.
Montana_5197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #25
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Quebec on the road

We purchased our Montana 3650 RK two years ago. Our first choice was a Mountainer but , after a phone call to the factory, we learned that the mountainer was built as follows: aluminium on the side, wood on the top and the floor. The Montana was aluminium all around. That is why we purchased a Montana.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claude & Pat
Montana 36 RK - 2005
GMC 3500 Duramax Diesel 05
Nascar fans (20 & 48)
Our 2003 Mountaineer has Aluminum Framing on all 6 sides. It has a nice "Full Aluminum Surround" sticker right by the door. . I just checked the Mountaineer website and they are still showing aluminum framing all around with the exception that steel rafters are used on the roof. I understand the Montana line has made the change to steel rafters too.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #26
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
We had a 2003 - 2955 RL and loved it, but I wanted more room and the third slide. We purchased a 328RL (sorry, my models maybe a bit off) in the Mountaineer.

I can tell you that the Mountaineer was the better unit. Nicer lights, shower door had a towel bar and just all round nicer finished off.

Don't get me wrong, we really like our Mountaineer, but from a woman's point of view I even felt the difference in the cargo doors being so much lighter.

No matter what trailer you decide on, there will be likes and dislikes. I have things that I like alot better in the Mountaineer and other things better in the Montana. Make up a list and try for as many things as you can.

We believe the both units are comparable in construction.
Can't wait to see what you decide on.

M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #27
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
opps, that was the Montana was the better unit.............
M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #28
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
I prefer the Mountaineer over the Montana because it is both a Mountianeer and is by Montana and because its what I own.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #29
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
I bought my Mounty because of the floor plan. The general features between the monty and mounty were similar but the floor plan fit what we wanted.

I've been really pleased with mine. I'm sure we all could said "I WISH", but all of them are just that.
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote