Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2006, 03:23 AM   #21
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Larry ...

Have sent you a PM.

Bill

Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:54 AM   #22
Bighorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4626
Two many people think they qualify to jump into a lightweight pickup and take off with a 15,000 lb trailer or 40’ motor coach just because they’ve pulled a bass boat for 20 years, and the rv salesmen build their egos by encouraging it. There definitely is a need for some level of training not only for rigs over 10K but also for length. Last month an older gentleman and his wife were on their maiden voyage with their first RV, a 40’ Diesel pusher. On arrival at the rental site, with out a pause he started to back in. First he ran over the post and plastic chain stretched across the entrance, then backed into the owners storage shed not only once but twice. His excuse was he didn’t want to block traffic and "why would anyone put a storage shed at the back of a pad" a 40’X80’ pad I might add. This is why Sherry and I didn’t put our lot in the rental pool.
There also is a need for educating new drivers about the dangers of driving too close or pulling in front of a large rig on the highway. I had to lockup my brakes 3 times driving around the DC beltway this year because of idiot drivers while talking on cell phones trying to become a Dodge grill ornament.
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #23
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I agree with what has all been said thus far. But bad drivers is only one of my pet peeves about RVers. Another one is those who pull into Wal-Mart, put their landing legs down, slideouts out, awning out, AND even put out their barbecue stuff! Now, Wal-Mart is good enough to allow us to stay OVERNIGHT but we should not CAMP there. Then, they leave trash on the grass and one was even seen dumping their grey water! Is it any wonder that cities are beginning to pass ordinances disallowing overnight parking at Wal-Mart? We have never stayed at Wal-Mart but have stayed in other large parking lots, and before we leave, we always take a garbage bag and go around the lot picking up trash. "LEAVE IT BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT."

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #24
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Orv, I agree with you whole heartedly. Thanks for picking up the trash..if we were all more careful, we could sure make this beautiful country a whole lot cleaner and more enjoyable.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote